Indie-fund - to help indie games

http://indie-fund.com/

From the opening text:

“Yay! Indie Fund is officially open for business! We’ve opened up our submission process and are looking forward to seeing all the weird, amazing, surprising, silly, scary, titillating games you’re willing to throw at us.”

Indie Fund aims to support the growth of games as a medium by helping indie developers get financially independent and stay financially independent.

It’s a cool idea and has been there for a few months now. Let’s hope they’ll provide some more info and news.

cool I will now be learning more programming so I can create a game for the wii ware. maybe xbox live though depending which one is capable to be built on a windows pc.

What are the chances of a game being funded and how much maybe?

Excellent stuff! I will have to browse what the site is about, but this just goes to show that there is plenty of room for anyone with a desire to step up to make their dreams come true.

Just be aware of anything you donate can vanish as fast as you put the money in.

I have donated to several Indie funds…and every single one of them I’ve donated to, has gone less than 1 month later…meaning that my 60$ bucks in every company, vanished down the drain…

Just so you know…if you donate, make sure you donate without expecting to get anything in return.

well if I have the money to donate, I will do it wisely :wink: since I am an indie developer myself I will probably donate it to my project since I will have an idea if it will be worth to do so.

The site is nothing to do with donating. It is a group of investors who want to help fund indie game development. They only plan to do so for 5 or 6 games over the next 2 or 3 years.