Indirect lighting is not smooth?

Is there a reason the indirect lighting does not cast smooth glows on the walls? I mean, there’s parts where it abrupty goes from bright, to dimmer without smoothly transitioning like a gradient. . . Is there a setting to make the glow smoother?

Youtube’s compression makes the problem harder to see, but it’s partially visible in 720p

I suspect overuse of ADD node material or/and ray flags, can you share material setup ?

I suspect overuse of ADD node material or/and ray flags, can you share material setup ?

The ADD node, your old archenemy! :wink:
Don’t worry chap, it’s a blender internal render…

I’m not sure how to deal with the problem at hand, except to not bother with blender internal and use cycles instead. (Although you will probably complain that cycles take too long to render)

Good renders take a lot of time. I’m a patient person. lol

I would use cycles except I don’t understand the setup. Also, I can’t use the real-time rendered viewport.

Another question, is there a way to make indirect lighting cast shadow with the Blender Render?

If not, I may consider picking up Cycles. . .

I would use cycles except I don’t understand the setup.

It’s actually simpler than BI

Also, I can’t use the real-time rendered viewport.

Why not? Do you mean it doesn’t work for you?

Another question, is there a way to make indirect lighting cast shadow with the Blender Render?

No. Indirect light is supposed to give you some bounced light effect, it doesn’t really work so well as your only light source. You can use “shadow-only” lights, but I wouldn’t really bother with it.