Industrial product online interactive demo

Modeled and animated in blender, interactive programming with Flash. Submitted for approval to the powers that be for an online interactive product showcase.

Online Product showcase test

There seems to be a small bug in the IE Flash plugin that prevents the lift from stopping at rest position when initially loading but buttons work good. Let me know what you think.

if you have a fast connection you can have a look at this:

www.idstudio.it/global3d

it ia a flash movie and you can fully rotate a prerendered object.

Yeah, you weren’t kidding when you said fast connection. It is too big a file and too small an image for something like that to be useful commercially, unless your selling jewelry or some other small items. The interactivity is too limited also.

The whole point of my project is to eventually build a virtual showroom online where industrial customers get to acquire knowledge about products and “try” them out. I do have to sacrifice image quality and frame rate for useability, interactivity and fast loading.

I like it. The reason I like it is because it is simple yet works and not too slow. You can see what the product looks like and what it does. For the purposes you state of having more than one product to look at it does the job. You could always add links to still pictures where you could do better rendering and lighting, kind of a second more realistic look at something that grabs their attention on the showroom.
Paradox

Thanks Paradox. If the project ever gets approved the showroom will be linked with our online catalog with pictures of the actual products. I would also texture the model a little more (brand stickers, that sort of thing). The only things I am not happy with at this point are the way the hydraulic line snaps at the end of the “up” motion and the bug in the loading phase of the Flash movie.