Industry Compatible Hotkeys

Hi all,

I have been trying out Blender 2.82 the last few weeks and I’m really impressed how far Blender has come since I last tried it 15 years ago :wink:

Coming from Maya background there are a few hotkey/tools that I can’t find/figure out. Note that I have set Blender to have Industry Compatible Keymapping (and I would prefer to keep it that way).

My questions:

1. Is there an ‘Isolate Select’ button/hotkey? - Description: Select an object A and hit hotkey. All other objects in 3D view temporarily get hidden while I work on object A. I hit hotkey again, and it restores hidden objects in the scene. (Ctrl+1 in Maya).

2. Is there a hotkey for 'Unhide Selected Objects?

3. Is there a hotkey to ‘Reuse Last Tool’? - Description: For example, if I would like to use Knife Topology Tool multiple times. In Maya I would hit G reuse last tool.

Sorry if I have missed a Topic that has outlined this before :slight_smile:

Isolate selection is done by slash - /
Reuse last used tool with Shift+R, look in Edit menu on top.

Thanks for the help and quick reply silex.

I had completely missed ‘Reuse Last Tool’ in the edit menu. In case it’s useful for others: With Industry Compatible Keymapping the hotkey for ‘Reuse Last Tool’ is G.

I can’t get ‘Isolate Selection’ to work tho. It could be my Norwegian keyboard that is stopping the slash to work as normal (on Norwegian keyboard you have to hold Shift+7 to get to / ). Do you know ‘Isolate Selection’ function is called in the Keymap?

Cheers

Then the manual seems to be unfinished, because there is no mention of reusing last tool here:
https://docs.blender.org/manual/en/latest/interface/keymap/industry_compatible.html
Keymap editor in preferneces has search function. Give it a try.

Nice one, thanks! After switching the Keymap to Blender and using the search function I worked out that ‘Isolate Selection’ is called ‘Local View’. It is mapped to Shift+I with the Industry Compatible Keymapping.

Is there a hotkey for ‘Unhide Selected Objects’? All I can find is Unhide All (Alt+H).

In case it’s useful for anybody else using Industry Compatible Keymapping:
Ctrl+H - Hide selected objects
Shift+H - Hides all objects than the one selected
Alt+H - Unhide all
Shift+I - Isolate selected object

I have still not found a way to just Unhide Selected Objects :man_shrugging: