Ingame Particle Library

hi all,

i plan to organize a thread which is concern bout in-game particles so people wont find no where scracthing hair to look for those in-game particles.

Coz most thread i found in the community is focus on pre-render, CG type particle which is not suitable for in-game. Pls correct me if i am wrong

But i m kinda newbie for blender particle feat. Currently learning on it.

So you guys are wellcome to put in posting your finished particle focused blend file here :stuck_out_tongue:

WIP
smoke
water/wave
Lens Flare
Fire
Explosion
Waterfall
Fog

Cheer :rolleyes:

Particles in the game engine are created with alpha textures, that you slap on planes, which you then set to constantly face the active view port with the “Halo” option in the texture buttons.

Use the forum search function. You should get many results, filled with .blend demos etc.

Also, for future reference (I’m telling you this because you are new), make sure that you always check the Game Engine tutorials sticky first (the top-most thread at the top of the GE forum), then (if you couldn’t find what you were looking for there) use the forum search function, and only if you couldn’t find the answer there, post a question on the forums.

You see, alot of people ask the same questions over and over again, and the community generally doesn’t like that. Especially when the answer is only a search away, or in the stickies.

Welcome to the BGE community.