Innocence

You know, this image touched me, because it conveys just about everything. But mostly, it conveys the vulnerability of a child…

Looks so simple. Maybe it is…

Reynante. Stop being skilled.

+1 for Graphix!

-swaschan

Brilliant reynante, I love the style and excellent hair.

Out of interest, did you also use cycles strand rendering on the teddy bear too?

Yep. Also had cycles strand rendering on the dress and the cloth on her mouth. Thanks to YOU! :smiley:

-Reyn

Excellent work

something wrong with eyes (maybe it’s painting style), but beautiful work and render (I love gold lock lights and shadows).

Wow! O_O

Thank you so much for the gallery feature, BA.

:slight_smile:

-Reyn

Awesome work and excellent scene compositing.

you, sir, have the best lighting in your renders out of ANYONE i’ve seen on BA.

Thank you, swirlypillow. That is one of the best compliments I have ever received, I’m very honored.

-Reyn

you’re quite welcome! i was curious as to whether you might share a few lighting tips?

@reynante: Your images always tend to bring out an emotional response - something not easy to do so well done!

I’d be more than willing. :smiley:

However, I have to personally say that there are no solid rules in lighting (as far as I’m concerned). It all comes down to what mood and feel you are trying to portray and what aspects of your image you are willing to transform.

If you’d allow me, I can share in this thread the lighting setup I used in ‘Innocence’ and just add in some helpful tips on the WHYs.

Let me know. :slight_smile:

It’s a good render,but really feel scared…you’ve made a realistic atmosphere.

yes, if you have the time, please share! i think i speak for many of us when i say, any insight to your lighting workflow would be most helpful.

Thanks for the interest.

Attached here is a screenshot from my lighting setup. Now that I look at it again though, I suddenly realized I should have opt for Area Lamps instead of Mesh Lights, giving me more control (or so I think).

You’ll notice from the screenshot though that I have a three-point lighting setup, modified to suit the scene. I have one key light, which is the smallest of all the light sources (to produce more defined shadows), one overhead light which acts as a pseudo-ambient lighting and will serve as a reflection for the hair, and lastly, one huge rim light which has a strong energy to accentuate the silhouette further and you’ll notice it is the largest of all three light sources, this is because I want it to produce very subtle shadows.

As for the background (which is composited over), it has only two light sources, for the left and right respectively, and has a 1:1 key-to-fill light ratio, each having different colors to give it more depth.

I hope this helps. :slight_smile:

-Reyn

fantastic! thank you so much for sharing Reyn. always nice to get tips from a Blender master!