[Input] Custom Blender Setup | Silo/Maya- esque

Ha! You pushed it!!!
That’s the button to set me off on a rant LOL.

No, unfortunately. None of the issues I had with 2.6-7 have been fixed. On the contrary, some things in 2.8 have changed making me search for alternative solutions.

Personally, I find it all frustrating, on both versions. But hey, you gotta do what you gotta do :wink:

Just a note for anyone trying this, the 2.8 setup is a very early version and most hotkeys are intact. And even if I change something, if I can keep the blender default - it’s still there. So this is probably the most pristine version of my setup one can try.

For those not familiar with my setup - try MMB click-dragging on Objects to QuickTweak transforms!
If you want to QuickTweak transforms on multiple objects > CTRL+MMB.
While in the Transform Tweak mode, press MMB again and you’ll be able to constrant to axis (SHIFT to constraint to plane).
Both work in Edit Mode as well

Edit:
Worked a bit on the UV Editor, now it’s in line with the 3D View behavior in terms of selections and QuickTweak

I’ll repost the link here again:
Download Custom Blender Setup for 2.80 EDIT: Updated 2018 10 12 (too many things are changing constantly, i’ll be keeping this to pretty much LMB interaction/selection until things settle down a bit)
Installation same as the previous versions (refer to first post)

1 Like