Insect - Update 1/4

hehe, the joint, tounge and eye patch color is all the same texture, just gives a different color at different angles. The eye color does look bad, still working on it. Trying to come up with a working normal map that will give it that multi-orb eye look but have been unsuccessful as of yet. Still trying though. :slight_smile: Thanks for the comments so far!!

You mean the 3.40 release candidates? Should be able to find what you need here, in the sticky threads:

http://blender3d.org/forum/viewforum.php?f=18

That’s where the newest stuff gets posted first.

Yah, that’s where I was looking and all I found was stuff that’s not working for me. I just downloaded again the testbuild for 10.3.9 and it does not work, not sure if it’s because I’m running 10.4.3/10.4.2 (work/home) but in any case, I guess I’ll just have to wait for the official release. :frowning:

This is going to be another character in this scene, possibly riding the insect, not too sure yet, just thought I’d show him off. Comments and Crits are always welcome, wires on request. :slight_smile: Happy New Years all!

Attachments

Pretty creepy looking alien thing. Looks like a good mesh.

Nice features on the alien.
Would like to see the terrain, insect and
the alien head in one image, hard to
imagine.I would test it without alien´s
body first.

So a test render requested.

I’ll see what I can do about compositing them all together for you, havn’t had much time lately to model. Thanks for the comment!!