Inside Scene

Another inside scene. Rendered in blender. I’ve been working on this for a while and want to see what things i can improve on it. Please give your honest critiques and suggestions on it so I can improve my blender skills :stuck_out_tongue:

The first thing I notice are the glass chairs. I don’t know about you, but I wouldn’t feel comfortable sitting on a chair made of glass. Also, things are too rectangular. Try putting some color variation on the apples, and lower the specularity. Right now they look like plastic. I wouldn’t stress too much over getting them perfect. Food is one of the hardest things to get right. Have you thougth about using an external renderer?

If you’re content to use the blender internal renderer, you’ll need to learn some tricks, but you can still get some great looking effects. One thing about glass that isn’t a feature in Blender internal as of yet is caustic effects. Here’s a tutorial to explain what that is and how to do it.

As for the fruit, try playing with SSS (sub-surface scattering if you aren’t in the know). Food is really hard, as Scotchtapeworm said, so if you do stumble upon an exceptional solution, be sure to let us all know!

The Shadows are too sharp, add some softness or use an area light or something.

i think it might alos increase the mood of the image by lowering the effect of your environment light energy down to say below .3

the specular highlights say you have multiple lights set up in the scene rather than one, are you sure thats necessary?