Insomnia

hey guys,

this is my new project, a more “realistic” version of those two characters that made part of my childhood…

i used blender to make UVs and modeling the scene, and Cycles for the final render… a lot of fun with GPU render, was very quick to work on the lookdev

i used zbrush, substance painter, maya (only for retopology), and photoshop (post-production)

hope you like it

turntable of the model:

https://vimeo.com/337240109

89 Likes

Awesome work, your base mesh is super clean! I can’t believe you’re getting such great detail on the forehead with that. Is that all coming from UVs or is there a baked high-poly mesh?

I love such kind of art style. :+1::+1::+1:

haha just saw you featured on ArtStation, congrats! :+1:

thank you! the details are displacement map from zbrush (only some small details made in substance painter was used as normal maps)

1 Like

thank you!!

hahah thank you!!

Awesome Banana Man! The cloth is awesome, is that all sculpted?

Anyways, If you ever want to switch to Blender for retopology, there’s a great addon called Retopoflow 2.0 that has some awesome features. It is a paid addon, but it’s available for free on github because the author is generous. There’s also a great video on setting up retopology in Blender by CGBoost on youtube.

damn this is good !!!

Love these guys! Such a great idea!

I featured on BlenderNation, have a great weekend :slight_smile:

1 Like

You’re #featured! :+1:

So:+1: good!

Very unique work!

Humpty / Dumpty?

brilliant!!

Superb! Loved the breakdown and turntable.

Oh. My. God. I remember Bananas in Pajamas. I love this and I love you.

I sometimes feel just like that, great image.

This is lovely! B1 and B2 before the coffee!

UPDATE:
Are you aware that this has been ripped off by Meme makers? I’m not sure if this is pubic or not but I found this on Facebook.

https://scontent.fsyd7-1.fna.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/61704400_2804084179608165_3571108102231031808_n.jpg

Just in case this doesn’t show, I’ve uploaded a copy of the image I found. Looks like it was made at ImgFlip.com

B1%26B2