inspiration

(Blenderist) #1

Hello. I’m having trouble finding any inspiration at all. I dont know what to do in blender. could somebody suggest where i could find inspiration. I’d be very grateful. :expressionless:

(PolygoneUK) #2

Inspiration isn’t ‘found’, it finds you.

And as for where to get it, heck, if it could be easily ‘found’, it’d be sold on store shelves.

I have never met anyone who has been able to say where inspiration comes from. It can be anything.

YOu might see something walking down the street. You might hear a word which sparks a cascade of thought. You might smell a scent.

I doubt you’ll get any kind of definitive answer to your question, but good luck. :wink:

(Blenderist) #3

:o well, yeah. now it seems so stupid that i even asked it :smiley: %|

(PolygoneUK) #4

hehe. No harm done. No harm in asking either. It was just one of those questions that makes you cringe and giggle at the same time.

:smiley:

(dragonzero) #5

when im stuck trying to find inspriration , go to somplace where you say to yourself , i swear a monkey could do that job , then look around at the objects that people use most people think anyone can deep fry a turkey , just imagine trying to deep fry a turkey in 3d , make the pot , turkey , table , silverwear, scetch all of it even dumb things , dents in the pan , the way oil looks when people use a fry machine ,

hell one of my wip’s is of common household objects ( small joke if you know what post)

i had my best inspiration for a robot , when my friends took apart a washing machine and a refridgerator , ( they wanted to make a biiiiiig daquri blender) they used the huuuuge strainer and motors from the washing machine lined it with copper pipes and pumped it with the fridge parts

the robot i came up with had a turbine on his shoulder to quickly loose heat , and a turbine on the hand to freeze objects as it held them ( the overclockers assistant )

(olivS) #6

you want some inspiration?

go there: http://www.cgtalk.com

Hope it inspires,
olivS

(Duoas) #7

How about (a) monkey(s) doing someone’s job? That’d be hillarious! (Especially if they’re seriously doing something particularly delicate, like preparing to demolish a building downtown, or working on underground utilities all dug up and causing gridlock on Main Street, etc. (Or, if you’re particularly morbid, doing brain surgery or something?)