Instant Replay

Hey guys- so… I want to set up an “instant replay” in my basket ball game, so if something cool happens (like a dunk shot) it will go into a slow-motion instant replay…

So I’m scratching my chin on this one, I thought maybe a video capture then played back, or record the movements of all the players in some matrix…

What do you thing guys, any ideas?:eek:

thats probably to much to ask for…

you would have to record the video all the time and than cut out the important part and etc…(or maybe I didn’t got what you meant)

it probably would be easier if you just had a extra camera and a little script running in the bg that records the positon/other important info of all the stuff in the level (like the last 5 seconds or so and than delets itself and starts recording again) and than simply play that data back in slow mo speed and fly around with your camera… or something like that…

Yea that’s what I was thinking too would be best, seems like there might/should/could be a better or easier (more built-in) way to do it though

I would think you could do it with IPOs using the physics to ipo thing.

each second you will use this thing during the game will suck your FPS down.

Physics to ipo: could you record the last 5 seconds of all objects movements to ipo, then play the ipo back in slow-mo for a replay??

nope I the Phisics to ipo will automatically start once the game start and there is no way that you can start the physics to ipo ingame nor stop it (correct me if I’m wrong) but maybe it can be accessed trough python maybe ar?

just a theory:

is there a way to get the loc rot, and force/motion of an object with python?

if there is then you can get the those variables once you get a certain amount of distance from the net, and then again for every second you are in that range

then it sets all the players back say 5 loc, rot, motion captures once you get a goal

then if there is a way to record pulses from sensors of all of the players you could just record that and replay those when everyone gets set back. and everyone should move the same way they did before

Hey guys- so… I want to set up an “instant replay” in my basket ball game, so if something cool happens (like a dunk shot) it will go into a slow-motion instant replay…
You could accomplish this by using the Video Texture Player.

Surprisingly, you can get around a lot of limitations with this player. (Thank ashsid).

but then linux gurus would cry :’(

:’-( SOB SOB

the texture player is compatible with linux (not fully, but compatible at all)