INSYDIUM NeXus is coming to Maya, 3ds Max and Blender in 2023!

https://twitter.com/insydium_ltd/status/1602264760656986112?t=SE5KFOWLmlhIzw0qG1_5Og&s=19

Interesting…

5 Likes

This is not surprising, considering Maxon are working on their own solutions. The recent C4D release added a new gaseous fluid solver, and no doubt particles are coming soon. X-particles will soon be irrelevant for most C4D users.

I HIGHLY encourage no blender users to do any business with Insydium, as they are a downright nasty company to deal with. I was very unfairly treated by them when I used C4D. I will not go into details on a public forum, but many other C4D users have also had bad experiences with them.

If you have the blender flip fluids plugin and Embergen, along with the new geonodes sim features(which is already much more powerful than x-particles in the right hands) there is nothing of value there anyway.

5 Likes

I cannot speak from experience, but I have heard this opinion from others who do have personal experience.
I think they are nasty because they took Cycles and ported it to Cinema 4d and wanted 150+ bucks for a license of this port.
Their recent prices are even more outragious and subscription only as it seems…
for the same amount of $$$ they ask for their complete package you could get an Indie License of Maya or Max + Houdini.
Thats right, one of Autodesks DCC’s AND Houdini.
I think neither Max, Maya nor Blender users actually need their products, its also obvious to me that THEY need new customers after abusing their monopoly in the C4d walled garden for the longest time and that golden goose is about to die.

1 Like