Intel Compiler optimized Blender Release

Copied from the Graphicall relese log:

This is an SVN release based on Feb 15, 2008’s SVN code.

3 versions of the build is included for different processors:

• C2D.exe are optimized for 65nm Intel Core 2 Duo/Quad CPUs (SSE1, SSE2, SSE3, SSSE3)
    • Pentium.exe are optimized for 65/90nm Intel Pentium Ds, Celeron Ds, Core Duo, Core solo, (SSE1, SSE2, SSE3)
    • SSE3.exe are optimized for any Intel/AMD CPU with support for SSE3 (SSE1, SSE2, SSE3)

Features:

• blender.exe (LAA)
    • blenderplayer.exe (LAA)
    • -GameEngine enabled
    • -build for python 2.5
    • -every feature included

LAA(LargeAddressAware) means blender will use up to 4GB of RAM on 64bit systems, and 3GB on 32bit systems(with the \3GB flag), it should crash a lot less on large scenes.

General usage note:
If you have more than 2GB of physical RAM and is running on WinXP 32bit, or Vista 32 and wish to take advantage of LAA you will need do follow this 3gb guide

If you have more than 2GB of physical RAM and have WinXP x64, or Vista 64 and wish to take advantage of LAA you do NOT need do do anything else.

If you have less than 2GB of physical RAM, LAA will not give you any real benifit.

New features in the SVN since 2.45:
huge game-engine speedup (with display list enabled)
Approximate AO: faster, noise free AO
blurred reflection: no more cheap cloud texture hacks!
New, refactored face/UV mode: dude, where is my UV menu?! (hint: tab >> u key)
new particle syste: a lot of the particle stuff is cached on the harddisk now.

Library Files are NOT included! Please copy the exe to a working blender folder!

You can download it here: http://www.graphicall.org/builds/builds/showbuild.php?action=show&id=594

And again, I desperately need your feedbacks, as I will try to provide further build if people like this one.

Tried it this morning. It was awesome on my Athlon X2. It will become my main build to use right now. Many thanks for your contribution to the Blender community!

I’ve tried it on my Pentium E2180 (a core 2 Duo with 1 Mbyte of cache) and is a bit faster than my optimized mingw build (gcc 4.2.1).

On my test render:

blender C2D … 2.09
my build … 2.18

So far I didn’t see any problems with your build.

BTW: do you have a time machine ? How did you obtain the February 15 source code ? :no:

o my god you have just done what i have been wanting to do for a while now

I’ve tried it on my Pentium E2180 (a core 2 Duo with 1 Mbyte of cache) and is a bit faster than my optimized mingw build (gcc 4.2.1).

I am having trouble building blender with GCC 4.2.1, especially the OpenAL component, if you have any way to get gcc to compile OpenAL, please do share.

So far I didn’t see any problems with your build.

That’s good to hear, some people are reporting crashes with this build, so far, I am not sure if it’s a SVN problem or a optimization problem.

BTW: do you have a time machine ? How did you obtain the February 15 source code ?

Simple, You set the time on your system to the 15th, then SVN will obtain the source code that correspond to that day. :o

I’ve disabled OpenAL, other than that everything seems to be fine. What other problems do you have ?

None, just that. :mad: