Intel gma 4500m and ubuntu problems

I installed the 64-bit version of the current Linux on my laptop today; and I installed blender. Whenever I use blender, I only get 5 frames per second. I have an ASUS P50IJ with Intel graphics media accelerator gma 4500m built in. I tried updating the drivers and I searched for solutions, but nothing I tried worked. Does anyone have a solution to this problem? I do not want to re-install SE7EN.

sorry, but the current linux is not ubuntu. you have to build your own for that. and one small clue is that ubuntu does not handle 64 bits very well so install the 32 bit version

Sorry, I ment to say Ubuntu. Thanks for the help.

@PlanetKiller
Try switching the draw method in the user preferences? Those intel graphics stink. I have a laptop with intel graphics running 64-bit ubuntu as well. I would take WWM’s comments with a grain of salt because he doesn’t really back up any of his negativity with any facts. 64-bit Ubuntu works sweet for me. I almost always use Blender 2.5 though.

shakes hand Looks like I’m going to start using 2.5. I’ll have to get used to it, but that shouldn’t take long. Thank you loopduplicate. (Now I can get the hell away from windows for awhile.)