Interface problem (blender 2.5)

im still new to modeling… as i was working on a mesh i must have pressed something… now when i press keys on the number pad it messes with the recording thing on the bottom instead of changing the camera view… also something else happened… whenever i grab something, it moves as if the ctrl button is held down… how do i fix these? im so close to finishing my first mesh (more like updating the mesh to look better) and i would be hurt if i cant finish it as i spent 3 days working on it.

…anyone?

now when i press keys on the number pad it messes with the recording thing on the bottom instead of changing the camera view.

The Num Lock on your keyboard is disabled? Not sure what you mean with ‘recording thing’

whenever i grab something, it moves as if the ctrl button is held down

Sounds like you have snap enabled (the button with the magnet icon in the 3d view header). To disable it press it or press Shift+Tab

omg thank you! you helped me with the bigger problem… here is the animation thing im talking about

the keys on the number pad now mess with that instead of changing the camera view…

the “animation thing” is called the timeline view.
when you don’t have Num Lock enabled, then some of the buttons behave like the arrow keys. The arrow keys control timeline functions.

thank you! i can continue to work on my model!