Interior First Try

First Try on architecture

1 Like

I can see you put a fair amount of work into this, although one thing I notice is that the potted plant and the chair seems very similar to BlenderKit assets, so I don’t feel like I really know which of these things you actually made. Which I guess brings me to my next point, because this might be why it feels kind of conflicted. What I mean by this is that it’s hard to tell what type of place it’s supposed to be. Like the lounge chair with the side table suggests it might be a pool, like there might be a pool behind the camera. But then in the background there’s a gate with this artwork on it and then those rings hanging from the ceiling, which suggests to me this might be some sort of museum exhibit or part of an aquarium. Then you have a mirror, which looks kind of like it would belong in a bathroom and not necessarily something you would want in a pool area or a museum. So you might want to be a bit careful with what assets you put where and not just simply throw things in. I’ll also point out that the mirror looks a bit weird. On looking at it I thought there was just more to the right, and also the shadows on the wall are kind of implying that something to the right might be casting shadows from the poles. It wasn’t until I looked at the third image and the plant was mirrored on the other side and you can see part of the picture on the wall. What I think might be wrong with the mirror is the material. It seems to just be a perfectly reflective metallic material which would not be how mirrors look. So on the floor where it meets the edge of it, you would see a transition there. So to fix that, I think you might want to tweak the color of the shader you’re using for the mirror to be something slightly darker than white, which will darken the reflection and create a transition at the floor there. Also, mirrors aren’t perfectly clean, so you might want to slightly mix that with a kind of overlay material with a different roughness other than 0 so you get a slight glint on the surface. It has to be something other than pure reflection, because you’d be able to tell if it’s a mirror in real life.

1 Like

Thank you so much
Thank you for taking the time to go through the post. Yes, they are from blender kit and this was my first render where I was not that much bothered on the design and stuff. Your comments are greatly useful and I look forward to you commenting on my other works too. Thank you

1 Like