Interior Rendering exercice with YAFARAY

Hi guys ! :slight_smile:

Ryzen 1800x is fast enough to play with Yafaray, so I decided to practice by recreating an interior found a long time ago on a FB page. The goal is not really to get exactly the same picture but to play with the renderer I always like and to get a close mood.

Here my rendering (Photon Mapping method, 16 threads, rendering time around 15mn, Photoshop for post-compositing):

And here the reference image ( I don’t have any info on, if you have I’ll really happy to know it :slight_smile: )

Critics and comments are welcome :slight_smile:

18 Likes

I featured you on BlenderNation, have a great weekend!

1 Like

Bautiful images and great to see that Yafaray is still in use. I like Yafa so much.
Great work.
greetings

Sinisa

Thank you very much Bart ! :slight_smile:
I gonna post the final version on Finished Projects section :wink:

@sinisa_babic
Thank you ! Yes I still use Yafaray, I love it so much even if it’s pretty old but we are working to make it better.

4 Likes

Yafaray has some really great features, but it is still too slow for serious production. I can not rely on it in my everyday work. I do mostly arch viz. Distributed rendering should be the first and the most important thing to implement. Otherwise Yafa will stay forever in the hands of hobbysts only. That is pitty, because Yafa has lot of potential.

Yafa was pretty fast some years ago but it can not compete now with Cycles on GPU or with Corona for example. But it’s one of the easiest and fastest workflow, so the time you loose in rendering you win in settings ( comparing to Vray for example).
Yafa still have one of the best solution for caustics, render passes, Direct Light,etc…
There’s already a distributed rendering option but I’ve never used it. You’re right Yafa has a lot of potential, that’s why I try to promote it when I can, to get new developpers. I will never let it down and I dream to see Yafa grows up and becoming a free " Corona/Cycles like" :slight_smile:
If someone is interesting to help for Yafa dev, let me know guys !

This looks great!

Do you still have the link for the scene?

What do you mean the link for the scene ?

I asked David and he told me that DR is not implemented.

Read about the creation of this scene on BlenderNation:

Great work Riofranco