Interior visualisation - bedroom

Hi, I have just finished interior visualisation of a bedroom in an apartment by the seaside. Rendered in Cycles, 1024 samples. This is semi-commercial project, made for my parents. I have been using Blender since 2.78-2.79 version. Please tell me what you think, maybe there is something I can improve.

4 Likes

Really nice work. Wooden panels on the wall look a little flat, but other than that, it’s pretty great. Love the lighting!

Thanks for reply peter18. I will take your advice under consideration. Maybe it would be better to use micro displacement on those panels.

The floor mat is too bright considering that the bed should block all light cast from the window.

Really good work the lighting adds extra realism

Yes, my boss also pointed it out, when he saw these renders. But the way I see it is that there is quite a bit of space between floor and the bottom of the bed, so light travels underneath them. You can see sunlight going under the bed on the second render. The floor and the bed materials are both bright with some amount of glossiness, so they make light bounce several times, I guess:

Light_under_the_bed

I had set the value of diffuse and glossy bounces to 8 as far as I can remember. To me it looks fine, but it appears that not everyone shares my opinion. Thanks for the response :slight_smile:

Thanks for appreciation :slight_smile: