Intermediate Question: Transform Constraint, Parenting

I´ve got a question… maybe someone has an idea.

What we got in a nutshell:

---+-> a rig
     |
     +---+->  a masterbone linked to the rest of a rig controlling all other control bones... 
         |
         +---+-> Control Bones to individually control the deformation bones constraints
             |
             +---+-> Deformation Bones with TransformConstraintScale and TrackTo.

I got 2 deformation bones. Those 2 deformation bones got 1 Transform constraint on them, Loc>Scale controlled by 2 control bones and a Track-to constraint also to the same 2 control bones.

now with the other 2 control bones, i can adjust the scale and orientation of the deformation bones. just as planned

now i create a masterbone and parent the 2 control bones to this masterbone. I am still able to control the 2 control bones individually and with the master bone the 2 control bones move… unfortunately only track-to is working, scale isnt… same goes for transform:rot>loc
If i move the master it isnt working… if i set the evaluaten space to local_with_parent it is working but only partly… if i link the masterbone to the rest of the armature everything goes crazy because now the local_with_parent also evaluates the parent…

Then i thought, maybe i could make cache bones in the link master <—cache—> control and copy LOC… i am too tired now to try it and anyways i am pretty sure the control bones loose their ability to be moved individually…

Anyone got an idea how to solve it? or work around it? :wink:

Sometimes i am dazzled by my genius… or amazed that i dont see the obvious in the first place… but i would only blame myself if i wouldn´t ask for help in the first place :wink:

I worked it out, or around it, here is what i got if someone runs into this problem:

My first idea was right with the link/cache bone but i thought maybe overnight (europe) someone gets an idea :slight_smile:

---+-&gt; a rig
     |
     +---+-&gt;  a masterbone linked to the rest of a rig controlling all other control bones... 
         |
         +---+-&gt; the link/cache bone

&lt;a copy location constraint between link and control bone, link bone actor, control reactor&gt; 

---+-&gt; Control Bones to individually control the deformation bones constraints
     |
     +---+-&gt; Deformation Bones with TransformConstraintScale and TrackTo.

Now if i move the cache bone which now actually is the control bone and vice versa i can control each control bone and with the master all at once…