Internet Explorer Destroyer

http://www.explorerdestroyer.com/

Internet Explorer Destroyer campaign is under way. If you’ve ever done any webdesign work (especially using CSS) you know what a pain in the butt the internet explorer hacks are. All they need to do is confrom to international standards to make things work. But noooooo! they absolutely refuse because of the die hard efforts to rule the world. They want to be a set the standards.

pppppppoooooooot! To them.

You earn $1.00 for everyone you get started on Firefox.

http://www.explorerdestroyer.com/

This is way too funny. The assualt from Google, Sun, and Apple ramps up.

why firefox?
[opera is better]

does this mean I get several hundred dollars for installing firefox on all the machines in this building?
[I’d have to manually install on each machine! that sucks]

Because Sun and Google (as well as others) are working together behind the scenes.

does this mean I get several hundred dollars for installing firefox on all the machines in this building?
[I’d have to manually install on each machine! that sucks]

Yeah but if your getting the money its pretty good. :slight_smile:

I’m going to jump in one last time before this turns into a browser flame war…

Google can do this because they data-mine your e-mail, collect e-mail addresses of your contacts, as well as track your search habits. There is nothing altruistic about what they’re doing. To do this, one has to voluntarily put Google tracking software on their PC. When you sign someone up, Google will collect that persons info too.

im already on firefox. well iv got it but mainly use aol until i can sort out my router problem to let firefox through, then ill use it all the time.

Your kidding right? Don’t ya know they already have ALL of the data. :smiley: You think those innocent google ads are in front of your face for naught?
:slight_smile:

Sorry to bump again…

The interesting thing about Google to me is is how sophisticated their marketing is. Man, if Apple is great at selling “cool”, then Google is genius. How many times have we heard someone (myself included) saying “Google is your friend”?

The interesting thing about Google to me is is how sophisticated their marketing is. Man, if Apple is great at selling “cool”, then Google is genius. How many times have we heard someone (myself included) saying “Google is your friend”?

Probably becuase google has got the image of being friendly. And even to this day it keeps an open and friendly nature. With very good tactics on how to make money.

How do they make money? All their services is free, but sketchy or sketchup (not sure).

All that’ll happen is we end up in the same boat with different bloat. I visited a site once and it said, sorry you don’t have Firefox or a Mozilla-based browser, download it from…

I don’t support this everyone get Firefox crap. People still need a choice of browser and instead of promoting just one browser, the campaign should be to promote better web standards and the adherence thereof.

You’re not the only one. There are articles on all sorts of sites now accusing Google of starting to become what Microsoft is. In fact, if you read the whole link that ~{ox posted, it just reeks of arrogance.

[If you don’t use GMail, some of this may not make sense]

You know those little “non-intrusive” ads you see in Gmail? Google data-mines your e-mail and tailors those ads to your e-mail. Also, like everyone else, they drop tracking cookies on your computer whenever you go to one of their or their affiliates sites. On top of that, GMail collects all of the e-mail addresses of all the people you send mail to. Ever notice how e-mail addresses get automatically put in your contacts with no way to turn off that feature? This is true for “invites” too.

Gmail Settings>>Chat>>Auto-add Suggested Contacts (and select bottom option). I think that’s it, but I don’t know if it works for invites.

Well there is a difference between Google and Microsoft, When does Google create software that restricts you to just using there software?

And no this isnt one of them as FireFox isnt one of there product.

From what I can see Google is trying to open up a market that has been locked down by Microsoft for many years, so why are so many people complaining?:confused:

And then on the basis of better browsing FireFox beats IE hands down, and the reason why Google isnt supporting Opera is becuase Opera cost money to actually own.

Google = Summer of Code = Blender

But the real issue here is Firefox verses IE. Mozilla based browsers are far closer to w3c standards than M$

Didn’t I say I was going to shut up and stop bumping this thread? [[Sorry ~ox{]]

Friday13, yes and no. You can turn it off from your perspective if you turn off all of the features under “chat”. Google still saves all of it. They’re not hiding this fact. And as long as they’re behaiving properly, I really don’t care. My Google accounts are my disposable accounts anyway. My 3 Yahoo accounts have been spam-free for over 5 years. The first day I had a Google account I received spam.

Kit89, I personally agree in principle. I do think that this is helping the browser market in a big way. Even if I wasn’t on Linux I would use Firefox and Opera. But that page that ~ox{ linked to is so freakin’ arrogant. That’s unnecessary.

. My 3 Yahoo accounts have been spam-free for over 5 years. The first day I had a Google account I received spam.

Odd my yahoo account gets spammed daily, although I do use that as my spamming account when, I sign up to something. :smiley:

I have found that if you sign up to anything on the net even to one thing using one account. That account will get spammed amazingly.:eek:
So its not the accounts fault it what you sign up too.

I have Firefox on all the computers at are house does that count?

google now heavily filters its search results. you are only seeing what they want you to see.

At university we are taught to search using metacrawler as it has more results and often better results than google.

Alltaken