internet explorer problem

Why is it when i type up blenderartist.org it does not come up?
It shows this page.

There is a problem with this website’s security certificate.
The security certificate presented by this website was issued for a different website’s address.
Security certificate problems may indicate an attempt to fool you or intercept any data you send to the server.

We recommend that you close this webpage and do not continue to this website.

Recommended iconClick here to close this webpage.

Not recommended iconContinue to this website (not recommended).

More information More information

How can i fix this?
I had go through my email to get to it.
It seems to happen only on yahoo search.
Yahoo search is not working at all.

Get to the page and save it to your favorites. I personally hate toolbars, but I do use the Yahoo Toolbar because at the right of the end of it is a plus sign that gives you the option to save the current page to the bar. I keep a few frequently used sites up there for easy access.:slight_smile:

This definitely suggests a problem … since blenderartists.org is not a “secure” site. There could be a problem, say, with your router (try turning it off and back on again), or, this could be part of some attack involving the domain-name resolution (DNS) subsystem, intending to send you to the wrong place.

Examine the certificate to see where it did come from, and check the particulars of the URL very carefully. Do not assume, in this case, that you’re going to the right site.

This is not, per se, “an Internet Explorer problem.” Sure, IE has plenty of problems, but this is not going to turn out to be one of them.

Internet what now? and Yahoo search? can i hazard a guess that your service provider is AOL too?

My internet provider is road runner.

Might it be because you’re missing the s at the end and requesting a bad address?
blenderartist(s).org

Moved from “Misc: > Off-topic Chat” to “Support > Blender Artists Website Support”