I have an drum with a transformation animation ipo on it (stretch on z, x, y axis to look like it is bouncing on impact of a drum stick). When it receives a message saying “beat”, it is supposed to run the animation (which is 20 frames long). However, sometimes it receives the message but does not show the animation. I don’t know why this is happening and I would like some direction.
My guesses are:
- The drum is still bouncing from its previous animation and ignores the request to play the same IPO
- However, there should be enough time (I have tried 3 seconds) for the previous call to play the IPO to complete before I send the message to play it again.
- The message is getting lost somewhere.
- Don’t know if this can happen. I suspect it can’t, that the cause of the problem is instead a logic mistake on my part. Implementation details:
- I have a message sensor hooked up to an AND controller which goes to the IPO Actuator that "Play"s frames 1 thru 20.Thanks in advance,