INTO THE TITAN (Zark 2) Now Available

1.0.2 is now available for Windows and as .blends. (The Linux build is still 1.0.1). This release corrects the following issues:

• Elevator in Space that didn’t work
  • Ladder in Space that didn’t work (removed entirely)
  • Fast turning in Islands
  • Weird background sound in Space
  • Mac Build placeholder in credits

hey cool. Downloading now.

Well this is just…

AMAZING! :yes:

I need more time to give this game a complete review. Well it is holiday in my hometown. I am seeing hard work over here.

I am very sad because i was not one of the beta testers.

For the time being: CONGRATULATIONS Plant! You absolutely ROCK! FANTASTIC new website to!

Looks great!!! Downloading now!

EDIT: Wow man, this is very cool!
It’s a complete game!
There were some bugs but I saw you allready mentioned those…
For now all I can say is that I would feel proud in making a game like this… It took a lot of time, didn’t it?

Isn’t anyone curious who was the first one to rate it?

snickers

BTW it totally deserves five stars.

It took about 1 year and 7 months.
But who’s counting? :slight_smile:

Nice work Plantperson, I really enjoyed the game but there were a few annoying bugs, most of which have already been mentioned. I love what you did with the 3d comics, I think that’s what I enjoyed the most, I’ll have to dissect your blends to see how you did those = ) (hope you dont mind) Sometimes I would get stuck and have no idea what to do so i’m wondering if you have some kinda walkthrough or something. (sorry if this has been mentioned before, I havent read the whole thread)

Anyway, great work as usual and I hope to see more from you soon = )

• I sure as [insert favorite expletive] don’t mind! Why do you think every version of the game is easily dissectable and my EULA contains a clause which encourages reverse-engineering? I firmly believe that games should also serve as learning tools (taking apart other people’s blends was one of the main ways I learned). I’d be more mad at you if you didn’t look at the way things worked. That said, the comics are simple. A script controls IPO-driven mouse movements, the panel position is determined by a property-based IPO, and the comic art is based in layers. Feel free to borrow the script and setup if you think it would be useful to you.
  • All versions of the game come with a file called hints.pdf
  • Soon? Thanks for the support, but Don’t Hold Your Breath.

i dont know whats going on, but the game and the menus and everything go like1 frame per hour. i cleared like half of my memory and defragged my computer. i think i’ll uninstall the game then re-install it. funny comic by the way:yes:

How old is your computer/graphics card? The game uses a lot of mouse-sensitive objects, which can be straining on the hardware.

Everything is pretty recent (except for the motherboard which is only about 4 years old)

I don’t know what to tell you in that case. Are you running a ton of stuff in the background? What OS? Are you using the .blend version or a build? (The builds seem to run a bit more smoothly)

The Mac build is finally available…can’t vouch for how good it is, but hopefully it will make life easier for a couple Mac users… DOWNLOAD

Hmm, I got 4% downloaded then got knocked off the site… when I click the url now it doesnt exist?

and I want to see your game so badly…heck oh dear…

Maybe the server went down? It seems to be working right now.

PS- Your new avatar is going to give me nightmares. Maybe.

Hi , …
firstly i want to thank you for posting the Blends wich may become a great source for the ones who want to learn . the noobs , specially me :slight_smile:
2- i played your last zarks game (the 1st one) , i felt like i was playing a PS1 game really , …
i liked the way of interactivity with it specialy the space shuttle , when it was shaking and that sad green creature trying to rescue hisself , lol …
Actually too Good , one of the best games i saw with blender because actually there is new elements presented by it …

3-
here on this new one , ok
please i will analyze each level by level , just telling you what was good and what wasn’t

((the intro screen , PlantPerson))
i like the MSX (old pcs) them of “ta ta ta te to tom” or alike sound effect , and that pixelated plantperson logo that becomes non-pixelated after the words are revealed
that was nice idea … but actually the only thing that was not really good there was that the picture of plantperson logo was stretchy and blurry (not sharp) , but still too Kewl

((the Menu screen , …))
the BGM is really good enough for the main menu , and i like the way of the beveled word there
actually when i saw the choice “Music” , i thought that it will be Music player for the game .
maybe it have to be a smaller choice or button in the corner of screen because actually it tuns of on the Music
and one last important thing , that scene begins with the Music before the graphics
i Mean you hear “DO DUH” before a second of seeing the menu wich is right , i like this …

the extras scene actually good idea , but the screen makes you feel dizzy , because of those bright blue lines coming up along in a rapid speed
… criteques and comments are coming for each part and corner of the game

i’m surprised , why would not they post too much for the thread ?

3DGURU

after a new game button is selected
Near to each slot , maybe an icon that represents a slot , …

we seem to be approaching a dense field …
that scene starts with a frozen view of the shuttle , and then it moves , actually it is not the best idea there , maybe if it ran directly from the begining would be better …
and maybe an effect of speed strands and streaks that comes to the face of the player with them fading and etc …
please don’t be mad of me , i just want to give you my opinion wich may be right or wrong
and it will be for the other game creators too … one another thing up and down seem not to work with me there just left and right ?
ok after you are in the island after the ship , the door handle worked after 12 times of trying or something , … i think it can be solved by using a stretched big cube that raps (take boundry) of the door handle (hidden cube for sure), and then its mouse over will be easier , or maybe enter edit mode of the handle and then add a vertices near the handle so its boundries are bigger a little , i tried it before …

the other mission were you enter the facility , the zark that holds a gun is really funny ! …
but why cant we jump in that level … nice BGM in that level , by the way i have discovered that secret (maybe not secret) door that have a let light over it and it opened … and it saied your are succsisful to become a titan , …
ok now those four telepoters and the lights , … there is no clue to open the doors only one works , … what is the point of that device ?

sorry for posting too much , what is the solvant there … i’m waiting for the solvant :RocknRoll: … to continue

Attachments

Thanks for your help 3DGURU!
Yeah, there are some issues. If you can’t click on something, it helps to rotate to the side a bit before trying again. Usually it means that Zark’s bounding box is blocking the hotspot.

In the beginning scene the up and down keys are not defined, it is not an issue.

The door you found inside the ship is not a secret. What it actually says is “Language Transmission Successful.” This is my way of explaining how you can read everything you see: the ship’s advanced alien technology has downloaded their language into your brain.

The door with the four lights is a combination lock. Hmmm, it looks like you’ll have to find the combination before you can open it! I won’t give you more clues than that.

I see that you’re now in the level known as the Meteorite Research Center, which I’m told is very hard. (I didn’t mean for it to be so!) All versions of the game include a PDF of hints. Open it up and go to the section about the Meteorite Research Center, and it will lead you through the level. Here’s a hint on how to make 8: there’s another set of buttons on the other side of the machines.

In the beginning scene the up and down keys are not defined, it is not an issue

but if i’m not wrong , i saw the left up right down image there at the corner … ? right

there’s another set of buttons on the other side of the machines

i will check it out …