Introducing: Thangs Sync

I’m a big fan of the community and wanted to share a free tool!

I’m a developer at Thangs.com and we wanted to introduce our product Thangs Sync to your community.

Installation takes less than 5 minutes, the download link is here!

Good design takes a long time, our hypothesis is that bootstrapping the file save, upload, and versioning process may save 3d modelers/animators tons of time in their creative process - introduce Sync!

Our sync client is a desktop app for windows/mac, that when mapped to a folder will back up 3D assets private and securely to the Thangs free (and unlimited) 3D-native cloud. In celebration of our latest 3D designer tool, GIT real-time collaboration - we are bringing unlimited versioning and storage through Thangs Sync!

We support over 30 file formats currently with more underway including support for .blend (because of our new blender addon) and other similar formats commonly used in animation.

Here at Thangs we believe that we can truly provide value to your community and save you tons of time in YOUR creative process - for free!

Feedback is super important to us - if you think of a way to make sync better, add a feature/issue request here!

Hopefully, you guys take a second to check it out! Thank you so much for your time!

Here is a quick video of Sync in action:

9 Likes

Cool tool! I like the progress vizuals part.

2 Likes

Thank you so much! Hopefully, you give it a try :slight_smile:! Attempting to improve the creative workflow is hard work, but we try our absolute best!

3 Likes

Super cool tool!

Whatup blender coding community,

I just finished adding a ton of new features to a pretty sweet blender addon I made that lets you save a whole bunch of time on your creative process by linking Blender to Thangs DIRECTLY to get sick meshes/models for blender.

I posted in this thread a while back, but I just recently was able to get direct import working with Thangs. It also allows you to view the license of models you want to import!

Installation takes just 2 minutes, instructions are here: Blender Market OR Github.

Good design takes a LONG time. My hypothesis is that bootstrapping the initial mesh design (via search for 13M models) may save blender designers considerable time.

Thangs.com has a search index with nearly 13M meshes, and my goal is to open that index to blender users, in-app (while respecting the content owner’s license).

Other details Re: privacy, paid services:

The add-on itself requires no login
Thangs and the add-on are free
It captures no identifying user data (just a beacon event to let me know someone installed)

Feedback is super important to me - if you think of a way to make it better, add a feature/issue request here!

https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/ZHAaximXroNQzKs0a_qaffWIzAkFzDQgJuS57lngLuHuRxi3yUEYv31Nn6UxB_GzgMX21i0OCiu1NqNTXEdalOrmNCSRfyDglQQKe9LNOrs3hpli1my_ypsul06hpWfNyYxXp0faAAXGeDEyQyDVwGGghAI3Ite5M8GJCZsuNflWWLFYlZ5x7w1mqzZKncCMVhSmG8_5zyd0vgYqK82as1WX9BDZMqWO0UkZQRA_YaHa1T74IHZRnTaZNkjkvA7gMUXiDJKbwJ1AHSMAdRSQ1CnzDaaEYxV21p-kvvYvs6JXiuVNIllxniEY254deDvSK0JxBl-dfZHF1E_2edGbauqvePXhfJtDTqB7rffal6UzfarbAekG9CzNvibvyOy4kOzkUwkAoZX48hNLg-PgCZSyKq9hj506glH0IGjfjWScbNvXYtAeDQ3ewNenEYu_aZ-8j6wFllSqbKDcDqz4TVXytRPpPLfhmzJIq2OdkFUw4IkP1QLEVTEyU0gnlOqz5i7r2VSyeRif4K_cf0W2ZjRcNWwKo7RnBG4PHRj98kt1bnyNOM00qolLaidyDnkvYpmJJ522TtDN0oUCiQ8Ioy18JKheQ_ljwPiU_PoGxD9uTq1YB5Gr1JWijAaIFXWgthloRoagMcdBIgYTDvJ-WERJqMO54uJcEGVyok39aNzqfAXm6H2s9PJaU1tkv5xtjpH5c_-RuiNsbosPzI3ardkOIFYvqdPGKrUc7J3AcMkiTiUnFi9vLVBbd32vmQTJim5aCel2js-FgP2zVyY_d6m6Dpiur1gMrikQlVRq5Qcm_nwGiFx-5J4_rQ1hHSFGLFWjHLsIDfn_rBfnBJSaVFIEgIv9De1uYa-SdORV-EXhhxapeqrLszP8GJA1_kc7bbBe-STY_u7yLFAPcRMHRuahSmrlzd6w8BAjETR5ubcE=w1280-h720-no?authuser=0

6 Likes

HELLO BLENDER!

Search before designing with the Thangs Blender Addon! Search and Import over 14 million free 3D models directly in Blender.

Download now from Blender Market or GitHub!

If you try the Add-on, please let us know your thoughts and what additions we could make in the future, here!

1 Like

So where did 14 million models come from? Seems like there wouldn’t be that many that have ever been made. Who made them? Where do you get them? What about legalities like licenses?

1 Like

Great question! We populate models from Thangs and over 60 other sites that have free models (and some paid). These sites and file types can all be filtered as well!
For external sites (specifically your question about licenses), we send the user directly to that platform to download their desired model - which is where the model licensing and account requirements can be viewed like normal!