Inventory ground issue

Hi People.

I’ve been surfing through this forum for a while and I’ve been through countless inventory tutorials in order to find the one that i would like to apply in my project to mess with and I think I finally have found 1 which is really fun to play with.
It was made by @Monster, a .blend file which demonstrates lifting up a rigid body objects so they levitate above the ground by using his thing called Attractor.
I copied those files and pulled them into my project but i have bumped into it’s imperfections.
Sometimes when the item is being pulled around and if it rolls and bumps into another, something happens and the item falls through the inventory ground, and from the main scene it looks like it is falling away forward.
I decided to make a safety plane with item parent option to it so that it catches it if it falls through… i made an action so that it moves to the side, then up and finally moves above the inventory ground and was thinking to set it it with a collision sensor with an object that removes parent of an item so that it falls back into i called it my “Sandbox” an inventory ground and then moves back under it but i cant seem to get remove parent logic to work.

Just wanted to ask maybe someone has a better way around this problem that sometimes tend to happen or else items keep falling away.

I would appreciate any suggestions.

Many thanks in advance.

The attractor is just partly a “drag and drob” mechanism. It applies some forces to the object that is moves towards the “focus point” indicated by the mouse.

The object itself will interact with all the other phyiscs objects of the scene it lives in.

I can’t tell why sometimes objects fall through each other. This is often pretty annyoing. It is often recommended to increase the physics substeps to reduce the likelihhod of that situation. Unfortunately heigher values cost more processing time.

It is a Jaw dropping thingy to implement it into projects for something like Telekinkekis.
I’ve been playing with it for days. And i had a thought that i think it would be cool to make something like a button for it that would add on an overlay scene just to give it “ON timer” and i guess mana usage bar like a burning, “shapekeyed matchstick” and maybe a mouseover mozaic “pichupsound” NPC before i’ts spell activation for picking it’s strenght states . And probably to make character to play out a move and shout “Ba” along with i’ts activation. I am still mindblown from discovering it on this forum. As my project is going to be filled with loads of items that will have load of weird props dropped in set out perimeters of mesh stacks for system message overlay of their current hight if some special items are being pulled so i can think about after how long period in time another one will appear for other user to pick up.

kokakey.blend (1.5 MB)

Wanna play my kokakey? Just press P an mouse over.
I was thinking to try and pull these with Your attractor.
But then i would need to make a mouse state button when mouse over end for this kind of thing would be off so that the attractor is active and can be tested.
Kokakey setup is going to be my characters spell to cast this structure so that the character can maybe size down and use these stones as a step for being able to get somewhere in the map.
Kokakey stones are not chiseled :zap: properly and i fink their texture could be different don’t you think?