Inverse Kinematics?

I’m fairly new to this forum, I just joined a couple days ago (though I have been snooping around for a while). I’ve been trying to find out how to activate Inverse Kinematics, mainly because I’m working on a game project in my spare time and need it to help with character animations. Well, I can’t find any un-outdated tutorials for it! :mad: So if someone could help, that would be great.

in edit mode add a control bone

In pose mode click the control bone, shift click the bone you want at the end of the chain, press SHIFT + I

Go to bone constraints and set the length of the chain

the outdated tutorials are fine. You have to understand the concept of this ik-thing and this is not easy. Except you have already done it with other 3d-software, then you might not need it … but then, i think there would be not this question about how its working and how to use.
Did you watch this:

and if,
could you create the rifigy-system for the human-meta-biped
and animate it? It comes with a whole system of ik-bones, foot-roll and so on…
What videos have you seen?

Wait, what’s a control bone?

Any bone that is used to control the movement of other bones instead of directly deforming the mesh.

Best wishes,
Matthew

YES! It works! Thanks, guys.

If you’re wanting a reasonably up-to-date tutorial on how to make an IK/FK switch, allowing for both types of movement, the latest BlenderArt magazine (issue 35) starts off with one.