Invictus

Hi everyone, I’m posting my latest work, a fantasy character that I had in mind for some time. There was so much to sculpt, so much baking and a particular focus on content design. I hope you enjoy!

136 Likes

Fantastic.

How did you do the skin texture and normal maps? UV Wrapped photo ?
Did you put the dirt on the photo model or on the blender model ?

1 Like

anatomy is really convincing
the oblique are maybe a bit too muscular, i never saw such oblique before
lats are maybe missing a bit ? maybe he skipped back day idk :face_with_monocle:

the baking is impressive too
Great job

3 Likes

Very impressive texture and sculpting.

1 Like

nice work, you used entirely blender or you used likely zbrush and substance too?

1 Like

Thank you all for the appreciation.

@David_Gaze I made the the skin color in texture painting mode with various textures of photographs, while the roughness, the normal and ambient occlusion maps are directly obtained by baking from the model sculpted in high definition. The dirty effect is a grunge texture mixed with color and roughness maps.

@MichaelBenDavid I have worked only and exclusively in Blender, although I must admit that in the high definition sculpting phase there is always some difficulty. I have substance painter installed on my pc, and I find it to be exceptional, but I’m in love with Blender, I don’t like leaving the application… :wink:

4 Likes

awesome that you could done all sculpting there! i guess you used the 2.83 build maybe? also i believe you used displacement + normal map for the body and all that you sculpted? you have artstation btw?

1 Like

Just normal maps. The body mesh for example has a multiresolution modifier to which I applied a shinkwrap modifier on the sculpted hi-poly model. Here is a screenshot of the scene in object mode. I worked on 2.82 version and yes I have Artstation but there is nothing more than what you find on my Blender Artists portfolio. Thank you for your interest.

2 Likes

yeah that i didn’t thought you used the multires, yeah because normal maps doesnt give that realism in the 3d surface so thats why i wondered you used displacement…i see you have the same posts here and in artstation lol

1 Like

Super awesome! I hope to learn blender one day to this level !

2 Likes

I featured you on BlenderNation. Stay safe, and have a great weekend!

1 Like

Thank you so much!

1 Like

big job! , I wish I could do the same!

1 Like

Brilliant work! Personally, I’d like a bit of dripping blood from the chopped head and sword.

2 Likes

@Serge_L In fact, it was in my intentions. There were basically two reasons why I preferred not to include dripping blood. I am sincere in admitting that after several attempts I realized that I could not achieve a satisfactory effect in terms of realism. The second reason concerns the level of violence of the scene which was perhaps a little excessive for what I had in mind to communicate with this artwork. Thanks for your appreciation.

You’re on the #featured row! :+1:

1 Like

Love the sculpting! Congrats for all the work

1 Like

Bravo! What an Epic… and it’s just one image! :cowboy_hat_face: Great job!

1 Like

FKN Awesome!!!

1 Like

Awesome! Love all the attention to the details, great job!

1 Like