Invisible Camera

I just bought a new computer with this horrible Windows Vista on it (or at least a user-unfriendly windows vista), and i also downloaded the newest version of Blender. I’ve been having a reoccuring problem with it. Everytime i try to go to camera view it’ll show up a very close zoom on the object i’ve got there. i can’t change cameras, even if i have another one on there i am not able to even see this “invisible camera”. i can’t move the camera, even if i move the other one that’s supposed to be there. so, i have an invisible camera that doesn’t even show up on the outliner…and i can’t change it…how the crap am i supposed to do any animation here? if you guys can help me out i’d really appreciate it (this is the second time i’ve installed and reinstalled this version).

CD

…anyone? hello?

cd

sounds like you got stuck in Perspective view…

does this happen in the Default scene that pops up when you open Blender? I;m thinking maybe you’ve got the main camera on a different layer that’s not visible or it’s been hidden. Check all your layers and see if the camera pops up on any of them, or hit ALT+H to unhide everything and see if it pops up then.

other than that i dunno what to tell you.

does this happen in the Default scene that pops up when you open Blender? I;m thinking maybe you’ve got the main camera on a different layer that’s not visible or it’s been hidden. Check all your layers and see if the camera pops up on any of them, or hit ALT+H to unhide everything and see if it pops up then.

other than that i dunno what to tell you.

EDIT: You also might want to check to make sure the one camera you do have is set to be the active camera. if it’s set to be the active camera and you’re still not getting the camera view from it’s point of view then that’s got to be some kind of glitch or something. I’ve never seen a glitch like that…

What graphics card do you have? Do you have different defualt settings?

:expressionless: okay, now this is total bull CRAP. I seriously was having a problem, no there were no other hidden things anywhere, none. i have a decent graphics card…i seriously have NO idea why it did this. But when i opened it just now, not doing anything different to it…it worked perfectly :|…wow, what a day.

CD

Having a “Decent card” means nothing.

if you dont like vista, try ubuntu.

i hope you dont have an ati card