IO Guru (2.79/2.80), Import/Export with Wisdom and Elegance (and just paste your object files)

add-ons
commercial
(kkar) #21

Hi

I will look into it. It is possible to add support for it, as long as the add-on is installed by the user. No promise at this point, since I do not know if it even works in 2.80. Please feel free to contact the dev to see if he plans to support 2.80.

It would be tedious to maintain an external add-on for me, unless there is a lot of interest at this point. Yours was the first request.

0 Likes

(Michael Weisheim Beresin) #22

Thanks! I will try this.

0 Likes

(kkar) #23

Cool, let me know how that goes. If you need different defaults flags for your exports and imports you can change them in blendlib.py The standard flags are provided in that
file.

I will add custom export options, but it is not ready yet.

0 Likes

(kkar) #24

One of my users was asking how to copy export settings to all objects, while this is not possible at the moment, you can use the script below to apply the settings to all your objects

You can enable or disable the commented lines

import bpy

objs=[o for o in bpy.context.scene.objects]

for o in objs:

o.iog_istoexport=True
    #o.iog_islocalpath = True
    #o.iog_isglobalpath = True
    o.iog_iscustompath = True
    o.iog_formats.export_format = 'FBX'
    o.iog_isuseobjectname = False #TRUE or FALSE
    o.iog_globalscale = 1.00
    o.iog_exportpath = "C:\\Temp"

0 Likes

(kkar) #25

Hi

The next release will have custom export options, see the image. Also it will have scene wide preset for easy mass export of certain format.

The custom export overrides every option except the file path.

0 Likes

(kkar) #26

Version 1.2 Beta is here with new features and fixes

v1.2 Beta ( See the panel image in the first post for the new options )

[NEW] Custom export format options for exportable objects. Each object has its own custom settings.
[NEW] Custom export format options for the scene level batch export.
[NEW] Scene level batch export. The scene objects will be exported with the unified settings.
[NEW] IOGuru scene batch panel is reorganized
[FIX] Handling of spaces in files
[FIX] Broken Collada importer
[FIX] Text objects can be exported now.
[FIX] 2.80 Annotations warnings
0 Likes