IO Guru (2.79/2.80), Import/Export with Wisdom and Elegance (and just paste your object files)

Hi

I will look into it. It is possible to add support for it, as long as the add-on is installed by the user. No promise at this point, since I do not know if it even works in 2.80. Please feel free to contact the dev to see if he plans to support 2.80.

It would be tedious to maintain an external add-on for me, unless there is a lot of interest at this point. Yours was the first request.

Thanks! I will try this.

Cool, let me know how that goes. If you need different defaults flags for your exports and imports you can change them in blendlib.py The standard flags are provided in that
file.

I will add custom export options, but it is not ready yet.

One of my users was asking how to copy export settings to all objects, while this is not possible at the moment, you can use the script below to apply the settings to all your objects

You can enable or disable the commented lines

import bpy

objs=[o for o in bpy.context.scene.objects]

for o in objs:

o.iog_istoexport=True
    #o.iog_islocalpath = True
    #o.iog_isglobalpath = True
    o.iog_iscustompath = True
    o.iog_formats.export_format = 'FBX'
    o.iog_isuseobjectname = False #TRUE or FALSE
    o.iog_globalscale = 1.00
    o.iog_exportpath = "C:\\Temp"

Hi

The next release will have custom export options, see the image. Also it will have scene wide preset for easy mass export of certain format.

The custom export overrides every option except the file path.

Version 1.2 Beta is here with new features and fixes

v1.2 Beta ( See the panel image in the first post for the new options )

[NEW] Custom export format options for exportable objects. Each object has its own custom settings.
[NEW] Custom export format options for the scene level batch export.
[NEW] Scene level batch export. The scene objects will be exported with the unified settings.
[NEW] IOGuru scene batch panel is reorganized
[FIX] Handling of spaces in files
[FIX] Broken Collada importer
[FIX] Text objects can be exported now.
[FIX] 2.80 Annotations warnings

Hi!

I tried to use this today and go this error:

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/Users/aandnota/Library/Application Support/Blender/2.80/scripts/addons/IOGuru/__init__.py", line 471, in execute
    final_path, obj_format = stageIo(context, obj)
  File "/Users/aandnota/Library/Application Support/Blender/2.80/scripts/addons/IOGuru/__init__.py", line 163, in stageIo
    globalfolder =  getPreferences(context)
  File "/Users/aandnota/Library/Application Support/Blender/2.80/scripts/addons/IOGuru/__init__.py", line 63, in getPreferences
    user_preferences=context.preferences
AttributeError: 'Context' object has no attribute 'preferences'

Any ideas?

Hi

I am sorry about the issue you are having, unfortunately the Blender 2.80 API (since it is still in beta) changes quite frequently and we, the addon devs have to update to those changes frequently :frowning: I will take a look it and update the add-on accordingly.

What platform are you on and which version of Blender 2.80 did you test with? Are you using the latest nightlies?

Please make sure you subscribe to this post you get the updates.

thanks

No worries! Thanks for responding so quickly.

I’m macOS 10.14.4 and Blender 2.80.35

Is that the version from last night? I need to find the version you are using. Sorry I am not on my desktop atm.

No, it’s from several months ago. I can try it with last night’s build if you like.

I just tried with last night’s build and it works. False alarm! Thanks for the quick back and forth.

EDIT:

Ok, I feel like an idiot. It is working. It was saving in the default path, not the path I set in the Object settings.

So it works? I did not get to see the issue. If it was about paths, there are 3 different paths with the addons, each has to be explicitly set.

Like I said it is a bit of a wild goose chase with these beta stuff, the users are not generally aware about how quickly the API changes.

Yeah, it works. I didn’t expect it to only export to the default path set in the User Preferences. I was expecting it to export to the paths set in the Object Properties.

Just bought this addon and really enjoying it so far!

Had a couple of suggestions:

1. It’d be nice to be able to set global custom export options for different export types. I only ever have a reason to export as FBX and need to have certain options set for my game engine. It would be nice to be able to just make those settings the default in the add-on’s Preferences so that when I export something as an FBX it automatically uses them.
  2. Would be awesome to have the option to move meshes to the origin before exporting and then to move them back.
  3. I’d love to set the default export format to something else. Obviously in my case I need FBX and not OBJ but I imagine that many people use other formats all the time and would enjoy the same option.

Thanks!

Hi

I am glad to hear that you are enjoying it. I am taking a note of your requests, I might be able to implement them as I release new versions.

1 Like

Hey, I was wondering if there were any updates to this? :slight_smile:

Well there was 1.2 Beta (see the first post), did you try it?

Are you looking for something specific? The custom export options was the biggest update in 1.2

I had some suggestions/requests a few posts back, one of which was about an option to move the objects to the origin before exporting and then move them back to where they were previously. 1.2 had been released before I wrote that list so when you said that you might be able to implement my suggestions I figured I would just do a follow up here to see if maybe they were being worked on. :slight_smile: