IOU - fixed camera prerendered deremake

I love this game…You guys are great…hope to play it when it comes out…if you need a tester PM me

FEB. SM. UPDATE.

2F Breakroom is larger now.

Update on camera placement.

Latest timeline. That’s a lot of cameras!

Fine tuned their locations and rotations. Phew, that was tedious! Done messing with cameras for a long time now.

Storyline has made more progress. Some magic moments where stuff has started to link together story-wise without much effort. :smiley: This game will hopefully reward speed-runners / re-playability.

Here’s concept art #5

Check out these rocks (:

Starting to look like a Japanese bathhouse.

i love this game…this is my favourite game on blenderartists.org…keep up the good work :smiley:

Very cool! nice texturing, do you have a movement rig?
Do you need a AI to control the enemies?

I was thinking, you could use a set of three vision cones, on each “zombie” that 1 per frame, 1 script detects if each one collides with a “player” and moves the corresponding zombie, 1-5 zombies per frame, and each “zombie” gets the next 1-10 frames of motion given to him,

so in other words, 1 “collision check” per 1-10 frames, per 5 zombies,
this would allow for many AI’s without much cpu drain,

again nice looking game!

Attachments

Lizard (jump).blend (767 KB)

@Andra5 Geez, that’s nice to hear.

Reorganized the text documents, again. Now set into 4 documents.

DOCs

1. PROJECT_OVERVIEW: 13 Pages.
  2. IOU_Dump: 37 Pages. Unorganized ideas. The first idea hopper. Now a graveyard.
  3. TO_DO: 7 Pages. This doc is the newest. It’s the IOU_DUMP refined. Ideas that are on deck for being added to the game’s structure. The 2nd hopper.
  4. Player’s_Manuel: 14 Pages. - This is the “walk-through guide” containing story, progression, puzzles, character notes. The final pipeline for text.

Rendered this back on the 2nd of this month. I really like this one!

wire

Hey there its me Freaky Frank from gamefaqs, i will be supporting you and if you ever need help with the stories or ideas for the game ill be here or on gamefaqs.

http://i1252.photobucket.com/albums/hh572/dREAD433/dread3/stairsb6raaaa32bdbrsb1_zps8b12624f.png

A school hein? This look quite interesting.

Yeah a classroom :). Quite empty at moment though.
This new building all came from my imagination. No real world references other than some “RE” inspirations. Such as the staircase and the pillar hallway.

Frank did you get my YouTube PMs?

Well shit. I won’t be able to finish texturing the RSB location and render out that video in time for the end of the month. My computer just bit the dust. Narrowed it down to a motherboard problem. Power supply tests show its still healthy. Removed the video card and that changed nothing.

Really weird problem when I boot I get no video signal, no boot beeps and of course no bios screen. Fun. Fun. Fun. If you have any advice on a quick fix let me know, but I’ve tried almost everything…

Suffering blender withdraws.

The thread on gamefaqs was removed for being too off topic in the REmake board. But the thread was a great success. Great communication and that thread got some more people involved with the project. So with no blender access I’ve been mainly talking things through with the team. Quite a bit of talk on character dev.

this project is amazing! Can’t wait to see some gameplay!

Can’t wait to see some gameplay!

Me i cant wait to see the characters models and concept arts.

Computer is still in pieces on the table. I’ve placed the dust cover back on for now, just in case the cat decided to take a nap inside the tower.

In other news, we have a blog site now:
http://ioublog.wordpress.com/category/posts/

This really progressed well. Can’t wait for a demo. Is there one coming out? And show some characters! :slight_smile: keep up the good work.

Thanks fullgrown. We’re going to try and be a little more secret with the dev side of things. Although I will get back to teasing placeholders again real soon. A demo is likely but not right now.

Aiming to have my computer fixed and running by the end of the month.
BTW - April 30th is the 11 year anniversary of the Gamecube REmake. There was talk about having April 30 2014 as something to aim for. But right away that deadline kinda scared us, but ehh - its something to shoot for.
~
So game engine wise. We’ve been looking around and flip flopping quite a bit. The project started out as BGE, Then Unity, Then BGE, Then unity, Then BGE again, back to Unity and now we’re experimenting in UDK. O___O Yeah that’s a lot of switching but UDK might be the one we head forward with. We wanna make the right choice before getting in too deep. But at the end of the day they are just tools and any should do.
~
I’ve been working on the storyline during this downtime, along with talking to Ali and the rest of the team. (there’s two 2D character/monster artists working on the project now, but for the most part the team is myself and Ali, and other little helpers) The facebook group which consists of my friends and the rest of the team is around 40 people.

Hmm. I feel like I’m forgetting to say something. Anyways, Talk to you soon.

edit: oh yeah, This week last year is when I started working on PROJECT dREAD, which is now called IOU.

Here’s something Ali worked up. A small test of sorts. None of my artwork is in this video though!
This is in full 3D but the final game will use both 3D objects and pre rendered backgrounds.

you’re using udk now?

what happened to blender or unity?

edit:
Just read this “So game engine wise. We’ve been looking around and flip flopping quite a bit. The project started out as BGE, Then Unity, Then BGE, Then unity, Then BGE again, back to Unity and now we’re experimenting in UDK. O___O Yeah that’s a lot of switching but UDK might be the one we head forward with. We wanna make the right choice before getting in too deep. But at the end of the day they are just tools and any should do.”

kay I understand the current status now.