IPO keyframe problems

(3pointEdit) #1
  1. I can’t seem to add a keyframe to an IPO (in IPO window) unless I do it in the 3d window, this of course adds a extra keframe to all the current IPOs for that object. I am using 2.37a.

2. And why can’t I add a keframe to the back end of a curve (on the extrapolate end), should I extend that somehow?

3. When I (G)rab a keframe how do I lock the direction that I want to move it, i.e. Horizontal or Vertical?

Cheers David

(DwarvenFury) #2
  1. When I (G)rab a keframe how do I lock the direction that I want to move it, i.e. Horizontal or Vertical?

To do this, immediatly after hitting “g”, either hit “x”, “y”, or “z”, to constrain the movement of your object to that particular axis.

DwarvenFury

(AndyD) #3
  1. Do you mean you can’t or you’re not sure how to? In the IPO window you add keyframes by first selecting the curve (white vertices) then TAB to edit then hit I to keyfram or CTRL-Click the IPO curve to add a key vertex then adjust the vertex to put it where you want it (use N for exacxt positioning).

If you aren’t in edit mode it will ask if you want to add the key but it won’t add it. The same happens in 2.4a2.

(3pointEdit) #4

Oh I see, my bad. I was wondered why I couldn’t get into edit mode. Thanx Andy D and Dwarvenfurry, oops typo ; )