IPOs and dupliframes

Can someone tell me if only the IPOs of the Object category can be used on dupliframed object ?

Thank you.

Jean

Materials, Texture and Shapes work too.

Sorry, maybe I read it wrong the first time. Do you mean “use” as for Drivers?

%<

Hey Fligh !

Glad to see that you still hang around and that your girlfriend is still willing to park you pick-up truck. :slight_smile:

The problem with anything other the the Object category of IPOs is that they don’t have a varying effect along the path. They just change all the duplifamed objects at once to the same color, texture, shape : that described by those IPOs at the frame I am seeing in the animation.

Am I missing on something here ?

Hehe… leave my truck outa this!

No, you’re not missing anything; each dupliframe is an instance of the original and so it does whatever the original does, just at a point along the curve that relates to the curves frame.

Gabio wrote a script to solve this and I’m having trouble finding it with the search function since Elysiun and BA’s thread numbers seem to have an overlap. Anyhoo, here’s a cashed version and if it doesn’t C&P just contact him.

http://72.14.207.104/search?q=cache:nk9kCI35EHsJ:www.elysiun.com/forum/viewtopic.php%3Ft%3D60042%26view%3Dprevious%26sid%3Da655d2624e6d96194dbed0e8663f2971+gabio+dupliframes+script+site:www.elysiun.com&hl=en&gl=us&ct=clnk&cd=1

%<

Instances ! Of course ! There’s the explanation !

Got it !

I’m not asking questions often but maybe I should : what a relief !

Thank you sir :slight_smile:

Jean