Iron Maiden Stage Set WIP

Have you tried creating an instance of the light… think its Alt D to duplicate

What is the difference between an instance and a normal duplication? It sounds like it could be the solution to a problem I’ve had for a long time…

haha thanks stvndysn :slight_smile:

@3dmedieval: It’s a space themed album so all the stage is space themed too. Really good album, should check it out :slight_smile:

@Pharion: Yeah I tried creating instances but it didn’t work for what I needed :frowning:

Here’s a little test seeing what it will look like with the stage lights.

Very nice. Alas, I’m all out of Maiden metaphors!

The band is ready to perform. The crowd is howling. Eddie is on the prowl. The intro music is playing. Is the stage finished?

Haha sorry for the absence of updates, had a few assignments for school :S
Glad to see someone’s interested in my project anyways :slight_smile:
About the only thing I have left is the towers either side of the stage. Other than that I’m not so sure what else to do…any suggestions??

Oh and there will be spot lights at the top of those towers :smiley:

Awesome! Have you considered adding the twinkling star lights in the stage picture? Looks fantastic.

That looks terrific, excellent modelling and texturing :cool:

I was thinking of maybe modelling all the band members as well…good idea?

Thanks for the comments guys :smiley:
@3dmedieval: yeah I definitely plan on doing the stars, just not too sure how to go about them… :S

YES!!! Animated of course…

Haha yeah I was thinking of recreating a film clip or something like that :slight_smile:
I haven’t got much experience at all with animating though…guess it’s never too late too learn!
And you wouldn’t happen to know where I can get some good reference pics of each band member would you? I mean like its obvious theres lots of photos of them on stage and stuff but I’m gonna need some real good ones for modelling them…

I haven’t kept up with them for a while. When I was a teenager (I’m 38), they had magazines with band member pictures. You could probably go to a bookstore and flip through some magazine called “METAL BEAST!” or some such.

Haha thanks for that. :stuck_out_tongue:
I’ve tried modelling Dave Murray before buts it just so hard to get some good shots of him!

Alright so not many updates in this render but there are a few…
I’ve been fiddling around trying to make the stars in the backdrop, I used a particle system on a plane and scaled the particles so they have no Z-Value, but how do I make them less grey and massive and more bright little spots?
I’ve changed the material and it does nothing :frowning:

Love the halo spots, know nothing of particles! Sorry. Fence at the front added I see. Very nice.

Thanks 3dmedieval :slight_smile:
Here how the particle stars look…crap!
I can’t for the life of me change anything in their materials or even their size or anything :frowning:
Sooo frustrating!

kind of very grayish

Whats grayish? The particles or the overall scene?