Irony!

So, I bought a book, Steal This Computer 4.0, the other day, and started reading it. Not a heavy read. No big deal. But it came with a CD that touted a lot of cool, useful tools to keep one’s computer secure and whatnot. Well, I put the CD in my drive just to get an overview of it’s contents. Cool. Lots of stuff.

Well, then, without doing more, I decided it was late and I wanted to get to bed. Hey, I thought, this would be a good time to do a system scan with Kaspersky. I chose, full scan, which takes hours, and I went to bed.

I got up this morning, checked the computer. Kaspersky was all red and upset. It found two Trojan viruses!! Where were they? You guessed it – right in the E-drive, on the CD! Needless to say, the disc is out of the computer and ain’t going back in for any reason.

Kind of like buying a book on bomb-making and having it blow up your face!

lol. At least you found them early.

Indeed. :stuck_out_tongue:

Wait, a book on computer security has examples of malicious software on the disk that comes with the book?

Next thing you know blender books are going to start coming with example .blend files…where will the ‘irony’ end…

If it really needed examples what could’ve been done instead is the disk having harmless software not considered trojans by the antivirus software so you can safetly follow the book’s instructions on how you can remove them.

If not then the CD should’ve had a piece of software that removes them for you when you’re done.

Wait, a book on computer security has examples of malicious software on the disk that comes with the book?

Next thing you know blender books are going to start coming with example .blend files…where will the ‘irony’ end…

You’re right. I’m dim. Never mind.

hahaha, that’s just ridiculous :stuck_out_tongue:

@Uncle Entity - um…most books i’ve seen do come with example *.blend files… or were you joking? (i can never remember the difference between irony and sarcasm)