IS-2 1944 Heavy Tank

man ,what a superb modelling skill and the texture looks photoreal
wowww

WOW! Coming along very quickly!

Great modelling, and it’s nice to see someone take advantage of flat surfaces to create complex geometry. So many people oversight this.

Although, why are you using UV spheres and not poly-spheres to cap the top of the various domes and hub-caps…?

Thanks guys!

@Netroxen: Are you talking about it?:

Nice idea and the shading looks better. Thanks.

Your work provided a good reference for me. Keep it up.

Thank you @Hans Zimr!

I keep staring at the wheel render on the first post… looks like a photo to me… is there any chance you’d do a tutorial on the texturing ?

MCGavishis is this mesh created in zbrush? or just welding parts?
Maybe you will find some time in future for some kind short mesh modeling tutorial? xD

@SuperChango: Maybe in the future :wink:

@voda22: Everything is poly-modeled in Blender. I used Zbrush only for welds, but I will try some new techniques like dynamesh workflow. I will consider making tutorials :slight_smile:

Wow! That’s got to be the most realistic looking model of a tank I’ve ever seen. The textures are perfect! Thank you for posting so many shots of the parts and of your mesh-work. I’m currently using a tank to practice modelling, and your images will help me immensely.

Keep up the excellent work!

@Anthony Forwood: You’re welcome!

There will be a huge update soon :wink:

Update! High poly model is almost finished, but it still needs to be welded in Zbrush.

Tracks and drive wheel test:

I’ve sculpted more details in Zbrush and I’m really happy with the result. Now retopo and bake :slight_smile:

Absolutely beautiful!

I love the surface work you did on the turret! That’s a level of detail I never expected!

Thank you guys!
I’ve almost finished retopo of my turret. I also prepared some test bakes. Model will be ready for texturing soon!

Wow amazing stuff!

Easily the best AFVs I have seen in Blender.

Thank you everyone!

I finished retopo of trakcs and made a small test with textures. There will be two types: clean and dirty. It depends of the final scnene.

ver. 1

ver. 2

Hi!
I’ve finally finished texturing turret. Everything painted and baked in Substance Painter. Textures are 4K.Better quality: https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0B_ASRmkbJuBgQnF6bi01TEV6TWM&usp=sharing

Comments are welcome!