Is AI coming to Blender? :)

There is something that works the way you want, but it’s not the type of neural network based AI that takes input from thousands of photos. It’s called the Euphoria engine:

A programmer commented on another youtube video and explained that the type of simulation this uses isn’t as sophisticated as the marketing claims. It’s not as advanced as a true simulation of a real nervous system and supposedly the only reason you don’t see more engines and animation systems employ this technique is to do some sort of patent the developers of euphoria have on this approach.

They are right. Most of what you hear concerning AI is marketing hype. The term AI is applied to a broad range of programming techniques. The type of AI that is getting all the attention these days and uses data bases of real world input are the ganns, and it doesn’t seem to be the type of thing guys like you or me can do without a huge set of training data and weeks of our time spent on trying to produce a good result.

That was just ONE example, but thanks :slight_smile:

As a casual observer I’ve seen a few of those ‘2 minute papers’ videos on youtube showing university research papers usually made by PHDs, of AI drastically speeding up physics simulations in 3D graphics, and then the code apparently goes on to GIT hub. In my mind i see no reason why Blender Foundation cannot pursue these techniques and integrate them into future versions of Blender. I expect to see it in the next few years.

1 Like

50 years eh? Take a look at my thread I just posted:

Funny…the calendar doesn’t look like 2069 to ME???

Funny, that doesn’t do anything like you stated. And yet you’re bothering me. :roll_eyes:

1 Like