Is Blender Compatible with APU?

Hi everyone :slight_smile:

I was wondering if someone could help me out with this small problem. I’ve recently been trying to buy a new computer for Blender work and I’ve come accross this awesome one that uses APU to process things, rather than CPU and GPU.

I couldn’t find anything to go on on the Blender websites and documentation.

So anyway, my question;
Does Blender 2.6x work with APU systems?

An answer, or a link to somewhere with an answer will be much appreciated. Thanks for your time!

-Alex

Well, given the fact that APUs generally produce 115volts at 400Hz, I would say you would have to use a converter - though I doubt you could buy one in a shop, so you would have to build a converter yourself. And then there’s the problem that most APUs are started by a hydraulic accumulater - though once the APU is running, you could use it to power the machine Blender is running on.

What type of APU are you intending to utilize? Air - or landcraft based? And how do you plan to take care of the APU exhaust?

:wink:

…sorry, could not resist. Are we talking about Audio Processing Units (dsp etc) or AMD Fusion APU (Accelerated Processing Unit)?

Accelerated Processing Unit, but it’s ok. I’ve decided to not risk it and buy a computer that uses CPU and GPU. I’ll get in on Saturday.

I have no idea what you’re on about :smiley:

An APU is just a term used for a CPU that has a GPU on the same silicon.

It’s like any other PC out there.

(just making a reply so that I know I’ve read everything when I check replies to my started threads)