Is Brecht Van Lommel back?

Gpu tech, and rendering large complex scenes at high detail levels is good enough fo 95% of animators.

Cycles will of course still exist, but with things like realtime multi bounce lighting, screen space reflections, glass shaders, we can get very wonderful results in realtime.

even if your still going to render the second pass in cycles, a fast accurate, and beautiful shader driven preview is still something golden,

The point is that other programmers are working on it. If Brecht is interested to join, he will do it. If not, he won’t. It is as simple as that. We don’t have any influence on this.

@Ace

then let’s cram it into the cd drive!
jk

Are you sure BPR wasn’t actually refering to PBR viewports and not OTOY brigade

If you wanna know where Brecht works, he has a linkedin account.

I would imagine that it feels wierd to have threads about yourself, and people talk about what you should\shouldnt do and how you must feel about stuff.

Yes. Must feel weird indeed. The celebrity effect.

More like stupid ppl thinking they are smart - illusory superiority syndrome. :wink:

Brecht is back in development.

Yeah I’m really psyched about this. Welcome back Brecht!

He did left to work on Arnold engines

also this one frrom Ton
https://twitter.com/tonroosendaal/status/477784817741074432?lang=en

Doesnt matter in the end, the dude is still rocking at the Foundation :slight_smile:

I just noticed you even comneted in that tweet from Ton

This is an old thread by the way, Brecht’s current rendering work is on overhauling the Cycles core (Cycles X). This will go on in a branch for the next six months, CPU users will also see some potentially major speedups by way of new sampling algorithms.

1 Like