is criticsim that bad?

Hello, it’s been a while since I have posted here.

let’s start discussing this subject by reviewing this scenario

___ me and my friend discussing in faculty.

him: hey, just listen to this music track <on his phone>, it is really good.
me: ok, just play it ! :slight_smile:
/him plays track
/me :),listened for more than a minute and didn’t find it that good.
him: what do you think?
me: it is nice:) , but I listened to ones even more beautiful than that.
him: you sorta disappointed me :frowning:
me: what?, ok catch these commandos 2 OST, he took them on the flash disk.

we walked discussed the upcoming Graduation Project for something like an hour, and everything was normal, one of the things he said was he is a harsh/dry person.

now the odd thing is, he stopped contacting me, he also trying to avoid me!

in a case like this, would you deceive him and say
“wow, amazing song! please give me the whole album !”

or you will answer like above?
“it is nice:) , but I listened to ones even more beautiful than that.”

do you think the situation is worth it?

No vote on your poll, sorry about that. I would tell my friend to stop being such a bad person. This has worked for me before, at least with honest people.

I would have said something like: “well, this doesn’t really suit my own tastes but I’m glad you enjoy it”

lol you were right you are really surrounded by narcissists.
my friend sent me an SMS (i dont think it was copyrighted) so here:-
A-Z law of friendship states that:
"A"void "B"ad "c"ompany. "D"ont have "E"go with "F"riends. "G"ive up "H"urting "I"ncidences. "J"ust "K"eep "L"iking "M"e. "N"ever "O"mit "P"ossesiveness "Q"uite "R"emember me. "S"eldom "T"rust. "U"se "V"alid "W"ords. "X"press "Y"our "Z"eal.

nice one Itqan!
how are you doing dear friend? and how is the school with you, don’t forget to do your best in exams :slight_smile:
soon going to have some training in a Refinery for 2 months :slight_smile:
thanks all.

and in general sense i would say " i believe positive criticism" that more constructive. :slight_smile:

he’s an ashol. Good thing you got rid of him.

I Lol’d hard.
ps: just imagined the character in you avatar was saying that sentence.

yes, the goomba has that effect on people, which is why I chose it. :yes:

Best to have friends that are honest to your face rather than the yes man routine, everyone’s tastes are differn’t sounds like he’s still in sulk mode :yes:
Crits are hard to take when youve been working your hardest on a project but they do help in looking at your work differently .

If he can´t tolerate your criticism or opinion, he doesn´t need to accept it, good riddance, that´s no friend.

But you asking here somehow implies you got no other friends to talk about it so you might want to consider to suck up to him to keep him as a friend :stuck_out_tongue:

But you asking here somehow implies you got no other friends to talk about it so you might want to consider to suck up to him to keep him as a friend :stuck_out_tongue:

there are bunch of good ones, :), thanks all.

might be somewhat relevant:-
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kSYvf68CSDA

What a retard. Did he even make the song or was it just a favourite of his?

I wouldnt have even reacted that bad if you were talking to me directly about a song which Id made myself. As long as your comments were polite, constructive and/or in line, its not something to take so harshly and to heart. Same with criticizing anything really.

Did he even make the song or was it just a favourite of his?

only a fav, it is from a movie.

As long as your comments were polite,

he said that he is [dry/harsh] as mentioned above, there are some people who have chemical imbalances in their brains, and we have to excuse them a bit because they are not always in control.

good luck all.

If you choose the right side, you can never regret to make that choice after that!
The one suits your hobby and interest is the best!