IS it good or not?

Hi,today i created this creature and i need some feedback about it.
Thanks.
Critics are appreciated.

Video

Looks detailed, not too many faces for a game character. It’s pretty good. Good enough to put in a commercial game.

Well…it looks very well made…and frightening!
If it was your intention, congratulations!
Bye

Looks sick for a monster

I like the the textures. The only problem I have with the model is the design of the legs, they seem way to small and I don’t like the way they are attached to his body. If you look at photo’s of spiders or crabs, you’ll see that legs like this usually are 1.5 times (if not twice) as long and first go up, before going down.
So something like this: http://www.beembee.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/06/spider.jpg

Other than that, it’s a good model for a horror game. :slight_smile:

Thanks! I will resize the legs!

Beside the legs, its very cool congratulations!

Close up those seams in the 2nd pic! Other than that, sweet.

What is the texture size? Looks like you could double the resolution. It should be 2048. There seems to be no normal map on it which is the main issue. Carve out muscle dents and some scales/bumps or whatever. Why are there bright white highlights on the texture (like towards the abs)? It makes it look bad/unrealistic. Up the res, and put a high res detail image such as scales/bumps and thats the main thing you need.

Look up other games like resident evil/FEAR that have monsters and see what theirs look like. http://image.gamespotcdn.net/gamespot/images/2008/304/932145_20081031_640screen004.jpg

Just keep at it.

Thanks for critics! The texture res is 2048…I don’t know why is not that sharp clear,and I will try to fix the texture,and muscles.
And there is normal maps.

Have you mipmapping enabled?
Also, try increasing the normal a tad

The mip map is on! It looks kinda bad when I increase the normal map.

[quote]don’t know why is not that sharp clear[quote]

Say you are making a concrete median for a rode in your game. Say you take a picture outside of some concrete and it is only 512x512. If you stretch it to 2048x2048, it does not make it look better, because your not gaining any detail. The other issue is say you take that same picture of concrete and it is 2048x2048 but it is really close and is only of 10x10 cm, but your model in game represents something that is say 1 meter long, well the texture will look bad. You would have to tile it 3 times to get it to match the real resolution of concrete. Basically just try getting a detail overlay that each pixel in your 2048 is actually different than the ones next to it (even if it is slightly).

Big arms. . . But you may have wanted that. Reminds me of Dead Space.

Wow. It definitely IS good. How much polygons?

[QUOTE=adam450;1886748]

don’t know why is not that sharp clear[quote]

Say you are making a concrete median for a rode in your game. Say you take a picture outside of some concrete and it is only 512x512. If you stretch it to 2048x2048, it does not make it look better, because your not gaining any detail. The other issue is say you take that same picture of concrete and it is 2048x2048 but it is really close and is only of 10x10 cm, but your model in game represents something that is say 1 meter long, well the texture will look bad. You would have to tile it 3 times to get it to match the real resolution of concrete. Basically just try getting a detail overlay that each pixel in your 2048 is actually different than the ones next to it (even if it is slightly).

Thanks! I will add a overlay detail texture!

Awesome monster dude ! this will do great in any horror game.