Is it just me or Eevee is REALLY SLOW in 3.2?

Same setting for everything, Eevee is fast for Blender 3.1.2, but Blender 3.2 is REALLY SLOW, like even slower then Cycles, the refresh rate is unsable.

GTX 2060.

There are some reports about EEVEE performance regression.

https://developer.blender.org/T98865

3 Likes

Thank you for the confirmation @sunkper, I have reverted to Blender 3.1.2 and eevee is FAST again :smiley:

Same here, Pop_OS!, GTX 1070. I can’t work with scenes made in Blender 3.1.

I am genuinely surprised that they let this bug hang around that long.
Isn’t this production breaking ?
What is the usual version iteration time interval ?

Blender 3.2.1 is scheduled to be released on the 6th of July and it will include a number of Eevee fixes. Hopefully that will solve the problem.

Thank you @Sleeper, your statement have given me a sight of relief.

I honestly have no idea. However, I was scared that even the simpler procedural texture scenes were running many times slower since the 3.2 release.
So for me, newer versions than 3.1 ale useless for shading…

Yeah I am still sticking with Blender 3.1.2, version 3.2.0 is unusable for me, Eevee is literally slower than cycles, it is ridic~

1 Like

Blender 3.2.1 is out…hope to hear how is the slow eevee problem going or not going from you all soon, I will try it when I have access to my work station again.

Tested.
Eevee is still slow slow SLOW.
Going back to 3.1.2, Eevee is real time again.

What is going on ?!!!

5 Likes

I might be crazy - But it seems like Cycles is suffering from the same issue. I downloaded 3.2.1 today, and it seemed like Cycles was just crawling by, like in Legacy Cycles. I wonder if there’s something happening that’s slowing down Blender as a whole. IS SOMEONE SABOTAGING BLENDER!?

collective gasp *

1 Like

I’ve remapped 2 bump nodes by “mix rgb” to one node.
Pros - works fast again
Cons - You need to inspect Your project for bump-to-bump nodes and optimize them…

So it still need work…

I’m excited about the direction Blender is going, but whenever I’ve tried to move past 3.0.1 RC I’ve been disappointed. 3.1 and 3.2 have both had a good chunk of regressions and bugs that haven’t made it worthwhile for me to switch yet. I’m optimistic that 3.3 will be a more typical release in terms of quality

4 Likes

I am always ALWAYS intrigued by people who stayed on old versions, I do that too for many softwares because sometimes things simply changing “for the sake of changing” just make things worst in my personal opinion.
I still cannot forgive that they make the background depending on the camera where as in 2.79b, the background image is INDEPENDENT from the camera resulting in ingenious add-ons like this, camera match in three freaking steps !

Till this day people are still asking if this works for Blender and I have to tell them to use Blender 2.79b if they want this magic add-on though there also are new ways to do it now.

Usually I’m an early adopter- up until recently, I was running alpha versions of Blender exclusively. Again, I’m hoping that things will get back on track with Eevee in 3.3 so I can start using alpha builds again :slight_smile:

Blender 3.3 is going to be an LTS release, so hopefully that means the devs. put a lot more effort in bugfixing. Last I read, the existence of such allows for some instability in the other releases (to make it easier to commit somewhat risky but needed changes and features).

2 Likes

I’ve been staying with 2.93 LTS. I’m at 2.93.6. I usually just download the ZIPs and “install” it myself.

I will wait for 3.3.1 or 3.3.2 LTS.

2 Likes

Just downloaded 3.2.1 to finally go past 2.93. Expecting a lot of addon updatery waiting for me, including some dealings with Python of my own. Reading about regressions and slowdowns is not exactly encouraging to spend the time with that. :melting_face:

2022-Aug-06
Blender 3.2.2 just came out.
Downloaded.

Blender Eevee is still SLOW…

Go back to Blender 3.1.2…
Eevee is Real time again !
I used the same Eevee settings for both versions.

Guess I am going to have to stay with Blender 3.1.2 again…