Is it possible draw a mask in Blender and animate mask path like in AE?

Hi. Is it possible simply draw a mask in Blender and animate mask path like in AE?
For example i have a cube and i want quick animation of melting and then the paddle appears. In AE you can simply put
a mask on the top of the black solid, set it to add and animate a mask path. So the black solid will obscure the object behind. The same if i wanna create slow appearence of the paddle, i am taking a blue solid or image of the water, put a mask on it and animating a mask path, so the paddle expanding while the ice melting…Or a lot of other examples i can make when it can be useful.

so how to quickly draw a mask on the top of the object and animate a mask path in Blender?

Yes you can use the Mask tool in the UV image editor OR the same tool in the Movie Clip editor (or Tracker). If you want to play with the keyframes in the dopesheet editor you must change view to Mask Keyframes.

To use the results of the Mask tool you can see it as an input node in the compositor OR as a Strip modifier in the VSE (see properties panel)

Is there any tutorials for mask path animation in Blender?