Is it possible to export only select edges of a model for use in Rhino?

Is it possible to export only select edges of a model for use in Rhino? if so, what format can it be exported as so it can be imported in rhino?

You can only export whole objects. So maybe duplicate selected edges and seperate them to different object and export this then… ?

what file to export as? I tried .fbx, import in Rhino seems to work partially but I cannot see any imported edges at all :confused:

IDK if fbx can handle pure edges… okay tried, seems to import the vertices only… Wavefront Object does handle an object eith pure edges…

1 Like

I got it to work by exporting as Autocad .dxf format. To be able to export as Autocad .dxf format, you have to turn on the add-on, ‘import/export autocad dxf format’. Then as you had instructed, you can select particular edges from a mesh in Blender, copy to new object layer and export just the edges as dxf format which will import into Rhino as polyline. There are other options in the addon also it seems where you can export the entire mesh object as polyline etc. Just perfect. Blender never lets me down :smiley: