Is it worth downloading Yafray? What is Terragen?

I was wondering if I should download Yafray. I’m still a Newbie but I might as well download it… right?
And Terragen. Is that another have to get program. What does it help with?iIs it good?

YafRay, yes.

Terragen. Maybe, if you want to to do landscaping.

Isn’t YafRay already in ver 2.37a? I don’t think you have to download it… but then again, I haven’t really gotten to rendering yet… so what do I know?? :slight_smile:

No. It is a separate program and must be downloaded separately.

Blender makes it very easy to use Yafray (as if it were not a separate program), but that’s all.

Hope this helps.

I hate Yafray. My renders come out all ugly, and take forever, despite their simplicity.

the lastest version of yafray supports blender materials even better.

i use it a lot for my jewelry renderings because of the nice GI it can
produce. also the AA is much better in yafray than in blender.

but it cannot replace blenders internal renderer completly, therefore
it does not support everything blender could render.

but tehre are also other good and also better renderers like 3delight, but they are not that easy to use than yafray.

claas

I hate Yafray. My renders come out all ugly, and take forever, despite their simplicity.

Yafray requires your lighting setup to be altered slightly which maybe causing your ‘ugly’ issues. There’s some good setup tips both here on elysiun, and on the yafray website. Unfortunately you have to trade render times for the beautiful renders it allows you to create, but the results are definitely worth it.

Don’t knock until you understand it. :slight_smile:

Yafray requires your lighting setup to be altered slightly which maybe causing your ‘ugly’ issues. There’s some good setup tips both here on elysiun, and on the yafray website. Unfortunately you have to trade render times for the beautiful renders it allows you to create, but the results are definitely worth it.

Don’t knock until you understand it. :slight_smile:

I use YafRay so much that Blender’s Internal renderer requires your lighting setup to be altered slightly which maybe causing ‘ugly’ issues…

90% of my gallery is YafRay