Is something like this NSFW?

I see character images that are like mannequins with no naughty bits in mesh or texture, single color texture, tagged as nsfw. They are usually to show muscles, scale, etc.

In this image the extra color implies clothing like a bodysuit or swimwear. Would such a mannequin figure, simple color texture, with “painted on” implication of clothing be considered safe and not nude?

Not complaining. Just want to understand the rules and maybe find a way for artists to show some anatomy modeling without being nsfw.

I am complaining about the inability to mark single posts instead of whole threads as nsfw. The clumsy work around of using a separate thread is not good. Please ask the developers of relevant software to improve that or seek different software for nsfw censoring.

This model has no visible genitalia or erotic pose, so it would not require #nsfw.

We have no plans to change the way this system works as being able to label individual posts in a topic would require custom development of a plugin for us, and as the affected number of users is so low we can’t justify such an investment.

Thanks.

I noticed when adding the nswf tag (attempted to remove it now) that there were only a few hundred uses noted. So no existing plugin. Seldom used. Agreed, no reason to spend money. You could suggest to Discourse to improve that feature if you haven’t yet. Maybe they would someday. If a free plugin should appear …

An idea to work around this would be to skip the NSFW tag, and instead sensor the images that contain nudity. I fail to see many situations where it’d be necessary to explicitly show the nudity in feedback, or WIP threads.

Finished projects tend to display the nudity several times, so for them it makes sense to use the tag, and not sensor the images.

let me know if you’re having trouble and i’ll remove the tag for you :slight_smile:

When told the tag was not required there I only tried to remove it from curiosity if I could.

My concern was a rule censoring “mannequin” figures is too strict so I inquired about a “painted on” clothes remedy. It is not that strict so no problem. The mannequins I saw tagged must not have really required the tag.

It would be no harm or cost to suggest individual post nsfw to Discourse. If enough users request it maybe they will.