Is there a Timeline "Hold"/Pause similar to Maya MMB in Blender?

Hello!

I think and hope this will be my last “Similar to maya” question as I try to get away from it (At least at home:P)
But there is this feature that I use every minutes at work where I simply middle click in Maya’s timeline to “hold” the time, letting me take the specific moment where I started holding the MMB in the timeline and bringing it somewhere else in the timeline. It’s useful to key an extra key to create an ease-out similar to what one would achieve in Blender by inserting a key and moving it afterwards.
Also useful to pause a reference video to a specific frame and bring it to another frame.

Here is some suuuuper old doc about it :stuck_out_tongue:

I just wanted to know if something similar existed :slight_smile:

Thanks a lot!

Ray

1 Like

I want to know too!

Hi,
just hit ‘Shift + D’ (duplicate) and move selected Keyframe/s,
without pressing any button …

1 Like

Hi Valentin_Min!

Thanks for your answer!
Unfortunately this is not what I am looking for though. :frowning:
The main thing that is useful about the middle click option in Maya (For me anyway) are these:

• Middle-Clicking anywhere in the Timeline to generate a key that is associated with the time you middle click unto. The current way to do it is to create a new key and slide it where you want it to go. It’s not bad at all, but as it’s something that needs to often be done, it’s just these extra clicks :stuck_out_tongue:
  • Holding the time can be useful in some scenarios. For example if I’m following an Animated Storyboard that is imported in scene, it’s a nice way to pause it in time to mimic the pose of a character at a different frame than the one where he is actually seen.

It’s just workflow stuff, I’m using Blender more and more to animate and it works fairly well, just some little elements that I either don’t know exists or that are slowing a few things down .

Ray

1 Like

Hi Ray,
i understand what You mean (i worked with Maya),
but there is no other way :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like