Is There a Way to Change the Amount of Rendering Samples in Cycles?

I just started using the Cycles Rendering Engine several days ago. As everyone has probably noticed, rendering in the engine leaves the renders grainy. I assume part of it can be alleviated by increasing the sampling amount in the engine, but I’m uncertain about that.

Does anyone know how I can go about increasing the sampling rate in Cycles? Much help is appreciated. :slight_smile:

Go to render panel and Integrator.

I can find the Render Panel Kramon. I’m not sure what Integrator is. I don’t see it listed under the Render Panel, unless I missed. I don’t want to sound like I’m new to Blender (considering I started over a year ago). Just confused.

Wait a minute - I found it. I still had it under the built-in Blender Render engine when I was looking. Sorry - just had to change the tab to Cycles Render before I found it. Just confused myself.

I thank you for the help Kramon. The image I was rendering looks much better since I increased the rendering samples. I’m trying to make a realistic-looking gold ingot, and I want to give it a metallic sheen to it. The Cycles Render Engine seems better than the Blender Render Engine when it comes to realism. I had to set the sampling rate to 200. I always saved before rendering - that way if Blender (or my computer) crashes, I have it saved where I left off before the crash.

I should post the image when I get a chance to. I’m taking a week’s vacation at my brother’s apartment in Kansas right now, so I’m not sure when I’ll be getting around to posting. The ingot still needs a little work - still doesn’t look quite right, and right now I’m needing time to think about how to fix the texture. But thank you for the help.