I am in the process of adding armatures to obj models. When it comes to positioning the bones, I like to select mesh vertexes, position the cursor then move a bone to the cursor.
The only method I know of now to switch between the 2 edit modes is to do this 10 step process for each bone in the armature…
- select the object I want (say mesh)
- tab from object mode into edit mode,
- select the mesh I want to center/place the bone,
- move the 3d cursor to that point,
- tab out of edit mode,
- select the armature,
- tab into edit mode,
- select the bone I want to move,
- move it to the cursor,
- tab out of edit mode re-select the mesh and go back to step 1 and do the process for the next bone.
Surely there must be an easier way to flip between the 2 edit modes (some hot key)
Can anyone point me to that key if it exists or shoot me a link to a video show me how to to do this??