Is there a way to randomize the speed of animation on 100+ objects at once?

So before I created all those objects, I originally just intended for this to just be a image, but at the last minute decided to try to add some animation. Basically I just want the dragons to hover up and down on the spot. I can select all the objects and key them all with the motion I want at the same time, but then their motions are all perfectly synchronised and it doesn’t look very good. Is there a way to randomize the speed of the objects (or the start and end points of the animation) on mass, or will I have to do it to all individually?

boids behaviour change

1 Like

Thanks. So I watched some tutorials on that and while It does look very interesting, it might be a bit excessive for what I need (I’m also a complete novice). Also, all the tutorials start with creating the motion and then duplicating the images. I’m wondering if there’s a way I can avoid having to do all the duplicating again and just apply slightly different motion (or a small random offset to the same motion) to all the objects I already have there, as it took me a rather long time to get it all to look like that and I’m quite happy with how it looks.

1 Like

Hello. Have you tried using Select Select random Hide and then offsetting the keyframes for remaining objects? If you do this a few times it should look more random.

1 Like

That sounds potentially promising, but as I said in another comment, I’m a complete novice. I don’t suppose I could get you to explain that in a little more detail for me?